“Our home for 5 weeks”

LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I are moving to area, not able to move into our home for a few months. Stayed at LivINN in Burnsville for 5 weeks. Manager, Skye and Katrina were very helpful and excellent to work with. Very cooperative in getting us the room we were interested in and informing us of hotel policies and amenities. All of the hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and well kept, making our long stay more bearable. Will return for another stay until home is ready to move into. Jerry and Linda

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Anne G, Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Dear Alanmpolc, Thank you for the 5 star review! We are excited to inform you that we have now added some more selections to our breakfast. I hope you will stay with us again soon! Thank you for choosing LiVINN Hotel Burnsville!

Anne Gregory

Reviewed 17 June 2014

OMG!!!
Should be called Live with out!!!
The lobby has a neat modern look, as soon as you get in the elevator it goes downhill from there, UGH!!!
DIRTY!!! Carper looked as if it wasn't vacuumed in weeks.
The room we were given was the handicap room, that was ok until you went in the bathroom.
The toilet seat was broken, thank god I am not handicapped or I would have fallen on the floor.
We told the front desk about the toilet seat and no one came to fix it.
They did give us a discount on our room, but there was no urgency to get this fixed.
The breakfast room they used for folding laundry!!!
It was the size of a closet.
Terrible experience, and bad surroundings!!!

Room Tip: STAY AWAY!!! This place was one of the worst hotels that I have had the displeasure of staying at.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Phil P
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Evening check in staff, Carman, and the cleaning crew were very friendly. Morning check in staff was either no where to be found or dismissive when asked for help. No hot breakfast and breakfast is poorly maintained. The first morning they ran out of bread/bagels and silverware, and no one showed up to the front desk to help. The second morning they ran out of milk, set out frozen bagels that you couldn't open and again ran out of silverware. The front desk staff, Katrina, made excuses and wouldn't help until after she answered phone calls. She didn't take ownership for the problem or offer an apology. The room was alright, the cleaning crew was great and the location is close to the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This property offered everything I was looking for: a nice location, a clean room, and friendly service. What more could I ask for?

I got a great night's sleep, and felt comfortable and very welcome as soon as I walked through the doors. In talking with one of the many friendly staff members, I also learned that they are planning on updating their breakfast in the near future, and installing automatic doors at the entrance, which will be great. I will definitely be back and will recommend this location to friends and colleagues visiting the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is up to date, good beds, clean rooms, staff is friendly and helpful. Hotel is far enough from the highway to be quiet. Continental breakfast has cereal, juice, waffles, fruit, and more. All rooms have refrigerator and microwave. Some rooms are pretty crowded, but the business rooms have Internet connection, wifi, desk and larger rooms. Well worth the cost. There is also an elevator to the second floor. So nice.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a business room especially if you have a family. A little more room sometimes is worth...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stay at LivInn about once a month. I've noticed the past year that many rooms have been updated. My bed was perfect last night, and I slept better than I do at home. (and this is in a room right next to the elevator). Well done on the updates. Also the new steak place next door had great food.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christie T
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My wife and I have booked with the LivINN for 3 times and each time has been hassle free.We recently stayed there yesterday night and left our ipod on the bed and checked out. After calling Gina at the service desk she proceeded to call about 20 people just to see if someone turned it in. She went above and beyond just to help us recover it. It turns out one of the maids, Ada turned it in. To be honest I thought I would never see it again. Thanks to these two honest helpful employees. Im happy to say i would stay there again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sierra L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn
AmericInn Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
#3 of 9 in Burnsville
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Burnsville
GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!