“Don't waste your time.”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The service was terrible, waited at least 20 minutes just to place our order. When we did get our food it looked and smelled nasty. We have ordered chicken chow mien and chicken fried rice at tons of other restaurants and never did we get what we did here. It was so gross that we got up from the table paid for our beverages and left. While leaving the lady had an attitude with us because we were disgusted with their food.

My co-workers and I love Chinese food and are always going to various Chinese restaurants to try different foods, needless to say we would never recommend this place.

The food here is extremely terrible.

There are newer reviews for Chinese Gourmet Restaurant

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have lived within 15 minutes of this place for 30+ years and have never gone in. My loss. Well, to begin with, the neighborhood is kinda sleazy, three or four one star hotels all around it. That's enough to make you want to keep looking over your shoulder. But, once inside you find yourself in a typical late century Chinese restaurant, all black and gold and red. Even has white linen table clothes. I have had take out twice from there and both times had a really good experience. The food was good and plentiful. My only complaint was the egg rolls, too much cabbage not enough pork. Two things about the waiter, he needed a shower and he was savvy enough to sell me a bottle of beer while I waited for my order. I will go back for take out but I wish they had delivery.

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

I have always known this restaurant existed but the outside looks like a place you didn't want to go into. After reading other reviews I went. The inside is really nice and decorated well. The food was really good and the service was better. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I ordered carryout on a blustery night. Not expecting too many people to brave the poor weather, this establishment still had customers eating inside. The menu contained standard Chinese-American fare and the portions were generous. The food itself was fresh, hot, and delicious. I would recommend to anyone craving Asian-American food.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Great food quality and prices were excellent. Walking distance from the hotel. No waiting lines, never crowded. Service was good and the staff very helpful.