Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa
Hollin Hall Hotel(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
US$91
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
US$79
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
US$48
Travelodge
Very Good 4/5
The Bridge Hotel(Prestbury)(Great Value!)
US$97
Legh Arms(Prestbury)
US$111
Chadwick House Hotel(Macclesfield)
US$88
Average 3/5
Mottram Hall(Mottram St. Andrew)
US$333
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Travelodge Macclesfield Central(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
US$48
Travelodge
    Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
    US$126
    US$101
    PremierInn.com
    • Restaurant
    2,954 results
    All reviewsgolf coursecourtyard barafternoon teaold churchevening mealjacuzzi bathpeak districtdeluxe roomleisure facilitiesself serviceleisure clubthree course meallovely settinggolf breaknight breakbirthday treatshort break
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 29 November 2013

The employees were friendly and did a good job.
    The problem is the quality of the product. The Hotel has a great setting and what could possibly be a stunning Hotel. It is you advertise as a 4 star without being unkind the quality of your rooms and bathrooms would not come up to a reasonable B&B standard. The quality (I use the term loosely) of work in the bathrooms reminded me from something from DIY nightmares. I could do better - which is saying it is really bad.
    The whole place felt tiered and run down and in need of a massive investment.
    The breakfast service looks like it has been organised by someone who trained at Butlins. The only involvement of the staff is to seat you and clear the table. You queue for making your own drinks from the drinks machine and the queue again for your self service buffet.
    The Hotel (certainly at the weekends) appears to be aimed at the lower priced wedding venue market

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    1  Thank CliveI
    Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Clivel,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us. I apologise for the experience you encountered. I would like to reassure that our hotel is currently about to undergo a refurbishment project which will tackle the tired bedrooms and bathrooms. I was concerned to read your comments regarding breakfast and will ensure to relay these to the team and proper training is being carried out to ensure our high service standards are met and maintained. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future to experience the positive changes we are making.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

A friend and I stayed here for one night and have no complaints. Check in was efficient and our rooms were clean and comfortable. My room was clean and well decorated and although the bathroom was tight it wasn't a problem. I had a view of the roof and pipework but I was hardly in my room so it didn't bother me.
    We used the spa facilities and really enjoyed them. For anyone chosing a spa break in my opinion this would be a good option, there are plenty of loungers by the pool, and a seperate relaxation area.
    We both enjoyed our evening meal and breakfasts. There was plenty of choice and the food was good quality.
    As with many properties I suspect your view will depend on the price you pay and the room you are allocated. We were both happy and would return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
    Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear LittleDollyUk,

Thank you for your nice comments following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. Its lovely to read you and your friend had an enjoyable stay and got to sample our recently renewed spa facilities. The views from our rooms do vary across the hotel dependant where your room is situated but I'm glad this didn't alter your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the variety of food on offer and will pass your compliments on. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My daughter got married here on 25th October and we had a beautiful day. Quite a few of he wedding party and guests stayed the night before and we found the staff to be very pleasant and friendly. I would have liked o see a better bar food menu but the food we received was very nice On my daughters wedding day the staff could not have been more friendly. As this was a Scottish and Irish wedding they also went to the bother of putting up both flags outside . Our accomodation was excellent and very clean. I would like to thank all the staff for helping to make this a perfect day

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Tricia F,

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm thrilled your daughters wedding was perfect for all involved and everyone had a wonderful time both the night prior and on the wedding day, with the flags added as an extra special touch. I will certainly pass your feedback and thanks to all the team. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

First time we have used a Puma Hotel and we shall certainly use them again. We were on a short break through Prima magazine and the value for money was incredible. Room was great and the food both breakfast and evening meal was excellent. Staff were extremely friendly and made us feel most welcome. Shrigley Hall is well placed for visiting many places including Chatsworth and Chester.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jake J,

Thank you for your great review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm delighted to read you had an excellent stay with us during your short break and will be passing your lovely comments onto the team. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

After reading some of the reviews on here I was slightly worried about what to expect. I stayed at shrigley from 22 to 24 November on a spa package with my mum and sister, we had a lovely time. On arrival we checked in and were allocated rooms at the back of the hotel, we were in a rush as we had treatment's booked in for about 3.30 and 4pm (checked in at 3.15). So the reception asked one of the staff (Damon I think!) to take us to our rooms then take us straight to the spa, couldn't fault him at all he was friendly and chatty, the hotel is very big and yes it is a bit of a maze to get around but he described how the layout worked and we never got lost! He got us to the spa in time only to find that we didn't have a booking, but they had us all booked in for the next morning. Food was very nice, great choice for breakfast all the restaurant staff very friendly and attentive. Bedrooms were nice and clean, although we were at the back of the hotel it only took no more than 5 mins to walk from the restaurant to the room. Would stay here again definitely!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 243 twin room ,nicely decorated but what I noticed is the ceiling in bathroom is low, beware if you are close to 6 foot tall as I am only 5 foot and I could touch the ceiling when standing in the bath! Room 240 which my mum had was a nice sized single room.
    • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear colja32,

Thank you for your great feedback following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. Nice to read of your lovely Spa weekend with your mum and sister; I will ensure to pass your praise onto Damon and the rest of the team. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.