Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa
Hollin Hall Hotel(Macclesfield)
US$79
US$76
The Bridge Hotel(Prestbury)(Great Value!)
US$119
Legh Arms(Prestbury)
US$100
Chadwick House Hotel(Macclesfield)
US$87
Mottram Hall(Mottram St. Andrew)
US$125
US$119
Travelodge Macclesfield Central(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
    Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
    US$120
    Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
    US$86
    PremierInn.com
    • Restaurant
    Travelocity
    TripAdvisor
    2,988 results
    All reviewsgolf coursecourtyard barafternoon teaold churchevening mealjacuzzi bathpeak districtdeluxe roomleisure facilitiesself serviceleisure clubthree course meallovely settinggolf breaknight breakbirthday treatshort break
    Reviewed 26 January 2014

We thought some of the reviews were a little harsh. The staff at reception on arrival were attentive and polite and a young man was there to help with our luggage. It is a very big hotel which can be a bit of a problem getting from room to restaurant etc. the leisure facilities were very good, a very nice pool, steam room and a variety of additional extras if wanted. The food we ate (2 evening meals and 2 breakfasts) was very good indeed, a choice of 4 or 5 starters and mains and 4 desserts. The restaurant was very attractive and clean, the service was excellent. On the Saturday night service was a little slow as they were very busy. The bar is also a very nice area, the beer prices a bit high (£ 4.20 pint SanMiguel). All in all would recommend the place.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
    2  Thank corplug
    Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear corplug,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. Lovely to read you had a very nice stay with us from the attentive arrival, the variety of facilities on offer throughout our leisure department to the breakfast and evening meals you enjoyed in our restaurant; I will ensure to pass your praise on to all the team involved. Great to read you would recommend and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

A stately house with history and fabulous grounds. However, old and creaky and in need of a refurb. the room we took after complaining about the initially allocated room (105 worthy only as a store room with the creakiest bed & dimmest lighting ever encountered ) also had its faults but for one night we tolerated the blown bulbs, creepy floors, drafty windows and maintenance staff knocking at 10.30 unrequested when we had late check out. There was far too much chlorine in the pool, which caused a severe allergic reaction on my face, tomato colour with lumps. although it did settle down, the cleanliness of the pool, walk areas and changing rooms left much to be desired despite a fabulous setting. Staff all very nice and accommodating, the quality of the rooms & facilities let them down. Delicious meal, cocktails and walk around the grounds and surrounding areas made the deal just acceptable. I would not have been happy with a £205 price tag!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Susan B,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us. I'm upset to read you had a disappointing time and must sincerely apologise for this. Some of our rooms are more traditional than others and we do have a refurbishment programme in place to refresh these. I must apologise for the interruption from our maintenance team this shouldn't have happened and I will ensure this is passed on to them. Our leisure department has had some new work completed recently, however the modernisation will carry out throughout this year, I will make my leisure manager aware about the chlorine levels in the pool. Nice you enjoyed our fabulous grounds and accommodating staff. I do hope we can welcome you back in the near furture to experience the positive changes we are making.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

me and my partner booked this as a package deal for a romantic weekend away. At first all went well, we were given a large modern room and the food in the restaurant was lovely. However after dinner we went back to the hotel room only to find there had been a power cut in the room. We reported it to reception and they came to try and fix it, however they said that we would have to move rooms for the remainder of the stay. We went back to reception with our bags and they took us to some rooms at the far end of the hotel. The room they then gave us was definitely not the standard of room we had been given previously. It had very old decor, much smaller, a very old TV and the whole room just felt drab compared to the large clean fresh modern room we had first been given. We complained at the desk and they said that unless we wanted to pay more to upgrade, they were unable to do anything about it. This was ridiculous after all the problems had started due to a fault with their electrics. They were not understanding or helpful what so ever - and quite frankly they were pretty rude!

Room Tip: ask for one of the updated rooms!!
    • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank hanx29x
    Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear hanx29x,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us. I'm very upset to read of the service you received. We know from time to time situations such as faults do happen that can't be forseen, however I'm disappointed you feel our customer service wasn't helpful during this issue and I will look into this for you. Some of our rooms are currently undergoing a refurbishment programme to be modernised, so I apologise again that you wasn't accommodated in a similar room that you was originally allocated. I do hope we can welcome you back to regain your trust and satisfaction within our hotel.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We were recommended this hotel on high standards, we were very disappointed with certain aspects of our stay. We have stayed in lots of 4 star hotels around the country, this was the first time in a Puma Hotel.
    We would not say this was 4 Star standard, our room was very dated and the bathroom had a lot to be desired. There were hair in the bath, it looked like it had had a cheap revamp and the water pressure from the shower was dreadful, it took me an age to wash my hair.

On arrival at the restaurant we were seated our drinks order was taken after 10 minutes along with our menu choice, we then had to wait a further 55 minutes before our starter arrived. We as were other guests sat with dirty plates in front of us for longer than we require acceptable.

At breakfast, we were stood waiting 20 minutes before we were allocated a table, then at the buffet there was a further queue as the buffet table was empty, we had to wait for the food to be cooked.

The hotel was obviously very short staffed this weekend which showed in the quality of the food and service. The staff that did attend to us where very nice and friendly but I'm afraid it was too little too late.

We very rarely have to write a bad review but ion this occasion it was avoidable, we would find it hard to book into a Puma Hotel again. Sorry.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    2  Thank TaraD79

Dear TaraD79,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us. I'm upset to read of your disappointing stay and must sincerely apologise for the issues you encountered. We do have a refurbishment programme set in place to revamp and modernise our bedrooms which will be carried out throughout the early part of this year. The weekends are our busiest periods within the restaurant, however this is no excuse for the downfall in service you received and I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team so they are aware and again I apologise. I do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future to experience the positive changes that we are continuing to make.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

went to a wedding fair this weekend very good and lots of other lovely wedding ideas. lovely rooms to hire for occasion. service was very good and well priced for what you want. also the grounds are super and what lovely views and great for golfing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear bagpussDerbyshire,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. Great to read you enjoyed our annual wedding fayre at the weekend and sourced lots of different ideas, including our lovely function suites and rooms to hire for that special day. I Hope to welcome you back again in the near future.