Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pott Shrigley
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Ok we chose hotel, but rooms very very dated. We were going to stay 2 nights but in that room glad we didnt. food both evening meal and breakfast fine no problems. Would i go again? No dont think so because of room.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear MrscLiverpool,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit here with us. I'm disappointed to read during your 'gift' stay you didn't stay the extra night like you wanted too. I apologise some of our rooms are dated and we welcome the refurbishment to modernise these rooms in due course, our reception team would of been more than happy to have shown you an alternative more modern room for your stay. I'm glad all went well with your evening meal and breakfast; I hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience the positive changes.

Saffron

Write a ReviewReviews (2,815)

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Tired, dated but not authentic. Our view is not of the estate beautiful and golf course, oh no we have a view of a skip loaded with glass. Our room is tiny and for £120 I expect a little bit more. We are here to attend a wedding and the function suite is freezing, many guests are still wearing their coats. Let's hope it gets better!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank ACWainie

Dear ACWainie,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit here with us. I do apologise your room wasn't as expected on your arrival, a few of our standard double rooms are a little dated and in need of modernisation and we do have a refurbishment programme in place which will target this in the upcoming months, so I am sorry the room was not of the standard shown. It is only our deluxe front facing bedrooms as stated on our website which are guranteed the views of the golf course and Cheshire Plains. I do hope you had a lovely night at the wedding you was attending and that you will return to visit again in the near future to experience a nice refurbished room.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We had an excellent stay, the room was clean and comfortable, all the staff were extremely friendly, very polite and helpful, the food was excellent, we had lunch, evening meal and breakfast, the choice for breakfast was excellent.
The Spa area was very nice and not to busy.
I had read many reviews and was rather sceptical but I needn't have worried.
I would definitely recommend Shrigley Hall.

Dear Hotels_Steve,

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent visit here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm delighted to read that your relaxing stay was excellent and our friendly staff, choice of food and comfortable facilities out performed your first sceptical views and is really nice to know you would recommend our hotel. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed here in 2012 on a captains golf trip with other couples/local captains 10 people in total
the rooms were basic/tired and not very clean . the restaurant staff were poor as was the food
the drinks were overpriced . This view was shared by the entire party ! what finally sealed a unanimous not ever return vote was a boring course littered with foul mouthed non golfers playing,
Not a starter in sight and 2 young chaps urinating by the stonewalling at the first tee . OUR LADIES are planning a trip and have asked my wife to go as she normally does . After reading these recent trip reports it appears to have under gone some refurbishment but not completely and the new rooms far and few . The service is now hit and miss which appears to be the same
coupled with overrated food .
Anyway the point of this review is i don"t think she will be coming based on the majority of what i have read , Some things don"t change

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Olivia G

Dear Olivia G,

Thank you for your review following your group stay here with us in 2012, I must apologise that your golf trip as a group wasn't as you expected, our hotel is an old building, however it has recently started an ongoing refurbishment project to renew the decor, rooms and facilities and this has made a considerable difference over the past few months to certain parts of our hotel and will continue to do so. I would like to mention our golf course conditions have improved and our challenging course is very popular throughout the year with return ladies & gents golf trips, due to its idillic setting and beautiful views. I really hope your wife does decide to join her normal golf trip with her ladies to experience the positive improvements being made.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Nice in theory but if you are a stickler for the details you might be disappointed in rooms and general areas.In general the decor etc is a bit tired but I've seen worse. You'll need a second mortgage to get a drink at the bar
Breakfast was good though

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 32Matt

Dear 32Matt,

Thank you for your great review following your recent visit here with us. I'm happy to deliver news that we are currently in the process of undergoing a refurbishment programme which will be ongoing throughout the year and will target the bedrooms and decor you have highlighted. I apologise you found the bar to be expensive and we will take on board your comments for this, however I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast. I do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future to experience the positive changes being made.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I must admit after reading some of the reviews posted, I was very apprehensive about our visit yesterday. The only thing I can fault was the "chilliness" of certain areas in the hotel, everything else was wonderful. The room we stayed in was quite large by hotel standards, and really comfortable, and the food was excellent. The staff were also very pleasant and helpful.

What an amazing atrium, what a shame that picture is not on your website. What more can I say. Most enjoyable.

1  Thank Fussy1is

Dear Fussy1is,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. Its nice to read of your Excellent stay in which you found our food enjoyable and staff more than helpful whilst with us, we have taken on board recent queries regarding the heating in certain parts of the hotel and have been working on this to improve. I will certainly pass on your comments and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

food was amazing!!! couldn't fault it staff were friendly and helpful it was just a shame about the cleanliness and maintenance of the facilities eg dusty rooms broken jacuzzi bath etc.
spa more of a guy/leisure club not very relaxing.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Stephanie S,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit here with us. I must start by apologising regarding the issues in your room and will ensure the cleanliness is chased up by our housekeeping team, I have been informed all of our Jacuzzi baths have been checked and are fully working. On the upside, nice to read you enjoyed the food and found our staff friendly and helpful during your stay. I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pott Shrigley
Alderley Edge Hotel
Alderley Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel

Been to Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!