“Lovely birthday weekend”

Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pott Shrigley
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was booked via Groupon and we had a one night stay including dinner with wine, bed and breakfast for £144 which was exceptional value. The food was exquisite, the room plush (we upgraded to a four-poster bed and a jacuzzi bath), the spa area was lovely (pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room), the grounds were beautiful and the staff accommodating (we loved the friendly pianist in the lounge after dinner). We were so impressed, we have booked another Puma Hotel for our 'mini-moon' in October.

1  Thank sarah b
Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear sarah b,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm delighted you had a Lovely Birthday Weekend booked through the recent Groupon deal in which you received one of our beautiful Four Poster rooms. I will pass the praise on to our staff and to James who is our friendly pianist at weekends. I hope you have a fantastic stay in October at another Puma Hotel and hope you will return to us again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is an excellent hotel for a short break. The spa facilities offer a wide range of services. The hotel has an amazing view. the staff are friendly. We felt it was a special break throughout from the moment we arrived to when we left. The restaurant is 4*AA and the dinner was excellent; choices, quality of food and service. We definitely intend to go back.

1  Thank Michael S

Dear Michael S,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm glad you had an excellent short break and enjoyed the range of facilities on offer within the spa. It's a joy to know you felt special from the moment you walked through the door to the moment you left, including the experience you received in our 4* AA, 1 rosette restaurant. I will pass your lovely comments on to the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Really enjoyed my 50th birthday stay at Shrigley Hall. I also had a lovely Spa and beauty experience experience. Food for evening meal and breakfast was excellent. Service was also excellent. Just felt that the room was a little dingy and needed redecorating.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm thrilled to read you enjoyed your 50th Birthday stay, complimented by great food and excellent service. We are slowly undergoing a refurbishment programme which will refresh and boost the bedrooms, so I hope you return again to experience this positive change.

Kind Regards and a Happy Birthday from all the team.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked this hotel as a birthday gift for my husband after finding a deal on Amazon because of this I wasn't expecting it to be amazing...but how wrong I was. From the minute we arrived we felt welcome and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We stayed in a four poster room which, although a little dark, was a nice size for two of us. On arrival the staff had left a birthday card for my husband in the room, we went down to the bar and when we returned they had left us a bottle of Cava to help with our celebrations. Little touches which just made our stay even more pleasant. The 3 course meal we had in the restaurant was delicious and the service excellent in spite of it being very busy. Breakfast the next day was tasty but could have been a little warmer and they seemed to be running out of things quite quickly because they had 100 delegates attending a seminar at the hotel.this said, we certainly didn't leave there hungry! After breakfast we had a lovely walk round the golf course to make the most of the unexpected March sunshine.
The hotel needs a little TLC in places but we had a fabulous weekend and can't wait to return again.

1  Thank kylietoft
Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear kylietoft,

Thank you for your very nice review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm delighted to read of your amazing weekend and that you was impressed with the little touches for your husbands birthday celebrations, I hope he had a lovely birthday. I'm glad you experienced excellent service and welcomes from our friendly staff, I will ensure to pass on your comments to the team. The hotel is undergoing refurbishment throughout the year and lots of exciting changes are happening which I hope you will return to enjoy very soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My wife and I decided to have a night away and a game of golf, Shrigley Hall offered a package for accommodation. The course although having some work done on it in readiness for the new season was quite good, but unless you are reasonably fit I would recommend a buggy as it is quite hilly.
The room was adequate and every thing was there that we needed, all the staff were friendly and the evening meal included in the package was excellent. A very good break away.

Howard
Sheffield

1  Thank howard R
Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear howard R,

Thank you for your review following your recent golf break here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm glad you found our Championship golf course good with it being under maintenance for the new golfing season and great your room was to your liking along with your excellent evening meal. I shall pass your comments to the staff. I hope you return for more golf breaks during the summer months.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed at the Shrigley Hall on the 6th March thankfully just for one night. The room was in need of a complete refurbishment, loose floor boards, the bed squeaked every time you moved and the curtains were ready to fall to pieces. The bathroom again was mishmash with a white corner bath with broken panel, apricot toilet and bidet and cream sinks that were badly damaged plus broken tiles on the floor. We booked dinner for 8pm, again a disaster the food was terrible, we both sent our main course as the lamb was raw, even when they returned mine it was still not cooked, breakfast we thought you can't go wrong, again mistaken under cooked eggs, raw sausages, the chap in front of me requested bake beans to be told we have run out. The hotel could be fabulous and I would recommend that a director of Puma hotels looks at the management of this particular one as it is letting the name down.

Room Tip: Look at it first
2  Thank sunshine253
Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear sunshine253,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us. I apologise the room you stayed in you found to be shabby, we do have a number of rooms that are awaiting a refurbishment programme throughout this year that will refresh them to a more modern standard. I am upset to read your evening meal wasn't cooked to your taste and I will most certainly take your review regarding this and the breakfast food to our Chef. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future to experience the positive changes being made throughout the hotel.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

On arrival we thought WOW what an amazing place but thats where it ended! Reception were friendly and efficient enough but on our arrival in our room after paying an upgrade for a four poster room I was dissapointed at how pokey it felt. The general cleanliness was not of a good standard in the room the and coffee and tea facilities were filthy, milk stains on the kettle and tea/coffee rings in cups after the previous occupants, the room just needed a good clean and dust. After a trip to reception we moved to another room which was a bit more spacious and cleaner! One word sums up the resteraunt staff...SHOCKING, after choosing upgrades on the dinner menu were were asked to sign for them while we were still eating and when I asked fior a coffee at the table my reply was ' you can but it will take to long!' so we retreated for an after dinner drink in the courtyard bar which served coffee! when finding some where to sit all empty tables and chairs were full of dirty cups/glasses not a pleasant ambience to end your evening. The food in the '2 Rosette' resteraunt lacked presentation, my chicken liver parfait with warm brioche was exactly that but with stone cold brioche and a blob of chutney! Breakfast was pretty much the same plently of staff clueless to what they were doing no cups replenished etc, all in all this place just needs better organisation and house keeping which is a shame as it is such a stunning location and accomadation.

3  Thank Sarah S

Dear Sarah S,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us. I must first start by apologising regarding the issues you experienced, some of our rooms across upgrades and standard rooms are smaller than others as its an old building however, this doesn't excuse the facilities in any of our rooms, this will be passed on to our housekeeping department to take action. I am disappointed with reading the service you received in our Oakridge restaurant, which is a 1 rosette restaurant and the Courtyard bar; I have spoken with the dinner & bar supervisor to ensure our teams are notified and further training is carried out. I do hope you can return in the near future to carry that initial WOW impression throughout your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pott Shrigley
The Palace Hotel
#6 of 9 in Buxton
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!