“Great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pott Shrigley
Macclesfield
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

A great hotel. Have stayed on business twice recently which is a real bind when it has a great looking golf course that I wasnt able to try out!. Very clean rooms. The hotel public areas are large and have a period feel so very unlike the typical sterile business hotels I stay in. Restaurant food great - service a little slow is the only gripe.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Michael W,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. It's great to read you are becoming a more regular guest of our hotel whilst on business and are appreciating our traditional interior with a modern twist. Thank you for your comments for the restaurant, all feedback is welcome and taken back to the team. I hope maybe on your next visit you will have some spare time to try out the golf course - third time lucky.

Saffron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

On 26th April my Girlfriend and I stayed at the Hollin Hall Hotel because we couldn't get in at the Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf and Country Club. How I wish it had been the other way around! We attended a celebration meal at Shrigley and the whole experience was excellent. The long winding driveway, the elegant frontage, the well tended greenery. The hotel was clean, well maintained and had an air of being well run.
I can only complement everything. The place looks and feels great. The staff were well dressed, attentive and professional. The food was well cooked and tasted gorgeous and the wine list had a decent choice. It made for a thoroughly enjoyable evening. I'd love to stay or eat there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JOHN E,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm delighted yourself and your girlfriend enjoyed your experience whilst dining as part of a celebration meal.
I thoroughly appreciate your lovely compliments towards our attentive, professional staff and gorgeous food you were served, along with great choices presented to you. I'm glad we have made such an impression you wish to return to stay or dine again, and here's hoping that visit is not too far off.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Gorgeous hotel, peaceful surroundings and a lovely massage.
A bit of a trek getting to our room and we got lost a few times!
A weekend to celebrate a 50th birthday party and it was all we could dream of.
The staff were attentive and we got a great deal, my massage was upgraded for no extra cost and they allowed us to enjoy some fizz in the lounge overlooking the pool.
The meal in the evening was really nice.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear ladette10,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm glad you had a joyous weekend to celebrate a 50th birthday and found our hotel and surroundings gorgeous and peaceful. A lovely added extra from our staff to upgrade your treatment with fizz. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future to relax and unwind some more.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I booked a night for my parents at the hotel as a present. After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor I became concerned about the food, cleanliness of the rooms (in particular the bathrooms) and friendliness of the staff, however my parents tell me they had a fantastic time.

My parents were in a room at the front of the hotel over looking the golf course. They said the views were stunning and the room was large and well kept and the bathroom was lovely and (most importantly) clean.

I was told the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made my parents stay all the better.

My parents had room service for their meal and told me the food was lovely and portions were just right. My parents also had room service for breakfast in the morning and said that this was also very nice and the food was of a good quality.

My parents tell me they would visit the hotel again as they had such a lovely time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Cheese345,

Thank you for your review following your parents recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm delighted after concerned thoughts your parents had a lovely time during their trip. It sounds like they had one of our front facing Deluxe rooms over looking the golf course which is great and certainly has stunning views I must agree. I'm delighted they enjoyed their food for evening meal and breakfast in their room and noted portions and quality were just right. We look forward to welcoming them back on their return visit and maybe yourself can join them for a relaxed weekend.

Macclesfield
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed on our Wedding night, so expectations were high.

We were not disappointed. The hotel is glamourous and classy. I'm vegan and this was catered for. Staff were professional and friendly. Brill

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Holly W,

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm thrilled your expectations were met during your wedding night stay and that your dietary needs were fully catered for. Thank you for your praise towards our staff. Congratulations on the wedding and we wish you all the best for the future.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The beautiful interior of this stunning building was let down by the tired and shabby decor. The rooms were small but clean. The shower was the best bit about our room. It was a powerful power shower, great to massage our aches and pains away after a hard round of golf.

The course was very challenging but most enjoyable. Despite the fact we felt like mountain goats. It is very hilly and was like playing on the side of a mountain. It was crazy golf. Quite comical at times. We would hit our ball up hill and it would roll all the way to the bottom of the hill again and again and again!!!! Most fairways were sloping from left to right or right to left. The ball always rolled to the bottom. Some of the holes were stunning and the views over the course spectacular.
We came to Shrigley Hall on a golfing weekend with friends. We had a great time.

The food was good but very sparse (Nuevo cuisine) not enough to fill hungry men after a tiring round of golf on the side of a mountain!!!

The service was very slow. We had to wait for over an hour between our starters and main course. We were offered a complimentary drink to ease our hungry bellies during the wait. It took over 2.5 hours from the starters to desserts! This was not acceptable, especially as we ordered our choices at 12 noon before we played golf and had our table booked for 8.30. The food was delicious tho -just not enough to eat.

The swimming pool and leisure suite were good and the chapel/church was a stunning wedding venue.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Wendy B
Dear Wendy B,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. Nice to read you had a lovely time during your recent golf visit with friends. I'm glad you enjoyed the use of our power shower for some much needed relief after an energetic round of golf throughout the day. By the sound of your review you had an interesting and challenging time on our golf course which is great. I apologise you had a wait on service for your evening meal, we are working with the Golf team in order to deliver a faster dinner service to our golf parties, especially at weekends which will leave lots of bellies fuller, so thank you for your feedback. We hope you return to our stunning venue for further comical moments on the golf course.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

A fantastic one night break, great health club and swimming pool, lovely walks set out for your use, extremely helpful, pleasant staff. Excellent food, amazing value for money, intend to re-visit asap!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear jill b,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. What a lovely review, I'm glad you had such a brilliant break and made full use of all our facilities on offer. From me and all our staff we look forward to your quick return to enjoy more of what Shrigley has to offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pott Shrigley
#6 of 9 in Buxton
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,563 reviews
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!