“girly spa day”

Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pott Shrigley
Reviewed 16 May 2014

we arrived and were greeted by two guys who did not appear to know what was going on. We had to go back and ask for robes and slippers. The changing rooms are old fashioned and the showers small and mildewed, not of us ventured in! We were a group of four with only one therapist to do all the treatments in four one hour slots. We had to ask for a half hour break so we could have a sandwich together at lunch time.
Treatments ok but therapist seemed inexperienced and treatment rooms not very clean.
To finish we had a tiny scone and tea for a ridiculous price then went home.
It is a shame as this place has a lot going for it but the management need to sort it out, update the facilities and train the staff properly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear ManchesterSazzy,

Thank you for your review following your recent spa day here with us. I apologise your girly spa day treatments were not organised all together leaving you to catch a break in between treatments; I will pass this on to our beauty manager for future reference. We have recently taken on new employees within the Leisure department so training is in progress and will be ongoing so thank you for your feedback on your experience, it's helpful to take back to the team. I hope you and your girls will return in the future to experience the positive improvements being made.

There are newer reviews for Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great girlie spa weekend with five friends . We all had a lovely time and will definitely come again. The only negative we had was that the quantity of food in the restaurant was very poor - fabulous food but just not enough of it. Very very small portions - apart from the puddings.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Eileen M,

Thank you for your review following your recent spa stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm delighted you and five of your friend had a great girlie spa weekend. Apologises you found the evening meal portions to be small, our Oakridge restaurant is a one rosette, however by the sounds of it you enjoyed the pudding serving. We look forward to welcoming you all back again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

A great hotel. Have stayed on business twice recently which is a real bind when it has a great looking golf course that I wasnt able to try out!. Very clean rooms. The hotel public areas are large and have a period feel so very unlike the typical sterile business hotels I stay in. Restaurant food great - service a little slow is the only gripe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michael W,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. It's great to read you are becoming a more regular guest of our hotel whilst on business and are appreciating our traditional interior with a modern twist. Thank you for your comments for the restaurant, all feedback is welcome and taken back to the team. I hope maybe on your next visit you will have some spare time to try out the golf course - third time lucky.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

On 26th April my Girlfriend and I stayed at the Hollin Hall Hotel because we couldn't get in at the Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf and Country Club. How I wish it had been the other way around! We attended a celebration meal at Shrigley and the whole experience was excellent. The long winding driveway, the elegant frontage, the well tended greenery. The hotel was clean, well maintained and had an air of being well run.
I can only complement everything. The place looks and feels great. The staff were well dressed, attentive and professional. The food was well cooked and tasted gorgeous and the wine list had a decent choice. It made for a thoroughly enjoyable evening. I'd love to stay or eat there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear JOHN E,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm delighted yourself and your girlfriend enjoyed your experience whilst dining as part of a celebration meal.
I thoroughly appreciate your lovely compliments towards our attentive, professional staff and gorgeous food you were served, along with great choices presented to you. I'm glad we have made such an impression you wish to return to stay or dine again, and here's hoping that visit is not too far off.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Gorgeous hotel, peaceful surroundings and a lovely massage.
A bit of a trek getting to our room and we got lost a few times!
A weekend to celebrate a 50th birthday party and it was all we could dream of.
The staff were attentive and we got a great deal, my massage was upgraded for no extra cost and they allowed us to enjoy some fizz in the lounge overlooking the pool.
The meal in the evening was really nice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ladette10,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm glad you had a joyous weekend to celebrate a 50th birthday and found our hotel and surroundings gorgeous and peaceful. A lovely added extra from our staff to upgrade your treatment with fizz. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future to relax and unwind some more.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I booked a night for my parents at the hotel as a present. After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor I became concerned about the food, cleanliness of the rooms (in particular the bathrooms) and friendliness of the staff, however my parents tell me they had a fantastic time.

My parents were in a room at the front of the hotel over looking the golf course. They said the views were stunning and the room was large and well kept and the bathroom was lovely and (most importantly) clean.

I was told the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made my parents stay all the better.

My parents had room service for their meal and told me the food was lovely and portions were just right. My parents also had room service for breakfast in the morning and said that this was also very nice and the food was of a good quality.

My parents tell me they would visit the hotel again as they had such a lovely time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cheese345,

Thank you for your review following your parents recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm delighted after concerned thoughts your parents had a lovely time during their trip. It sounds like they had one of our front facing Deluxe rooms over looking the golf course which is great and certainly has stunning views I must agree. I'm delighted they enjoyed their food for evening meal and breakfast in their room and noted portions and quality were just right. We look forward to welcoming them back on their return visit and maybe yourself can join them for a relaxed weekend.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed on our Wedding night, so expectations were high.

We were not disappointed. The hotel is glamourous and classy. I'm vegan and this was catered for. Staff were professional and friendly. Brill

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Holly W,

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm thrilled your expectations were met during your wedding night stay and that your dietary needs were fully catered for. Thank you for your praise towards our staff. Congratulations on the wedding and we wish you all the best for the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pott Shrigley
The Palace Hotel
#6 of 9 in Buxton
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!