“Great place for in town get away!”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and i stayed here in January and this property is beautiful. Common areas are well maintained housekeeping was awesome and The GM Brandy I think is her name was Great! WE will definitely be staying again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica S
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the great experience you had while staying with us. We truly value our guest comments.
We look forward to having you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I just returned from vaction and realized my stay at the Crossings Inn Cambridge was better than my 5 star resort. It was clean and the breakfast was wonderful. I also want to mention that the staff is top notch. Friendly and smiles all the time. The GM, who I guess is new is a gem. She is sincer and you can tell she likes what she does. Katie in housekeeping was so sweet. If you are looking for comfortable and clean, friendly .... visit them. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I travel for work and don't have extremely high expectations. I am staying at this motel for several weeks. There is hanging space for 5 items. There are 3 very small drawers. The staff is not accommodating, especially the manager and day staff. The night staff is nice. This makes me assume they haven't been infected by the negative management. When I arrived, the clerk said, "what day would you like housekeeping?" I thought she was joking. She was not. The shower has not been cleaned in 7 days at this time. The toilet has a black ring under the rim that is visible from the entry door. The linen is very hard and stiff. Housekeeping is a joke. When you put the tent on the bed to change the sheets, they don't change them. I wrote the housekeeper a note asking her to clean the bathroom and change the sheets. I would avoid this property like the plague. The manager changes the WiFi access weekly. You would think she works for the NSA. She won't give it over the phone. You have to go to the desk to get it. The night staff will give it out over the phone. Overall, the common areas have been maintained. The room is comparable to a Super 8. But the dirtiest room and worst housekeeping I have ever encountered.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank RDH123
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Mr. Hatton
We are in receipt of your complaint and we’re in the process of reviewing it. I'm concerned about the issues you’re experiencing with our hotel, and thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We always hope that our guests report any problems during their stay to the front desk. In speaking with my staff it seems none of your issues were reported to us. Since you are still a guest with us, please stop by the front desk and we would be happy to address your concerns.

I want you to know that the concerns of our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. It will help us to avoid a similar situation in the future.

I wanted to let you know that our internet service provider automatically changes the passcode weekly for our guest’s safety & security. In the future we will absolutely make sure you receive this first thing Monday Morning.

We are wondering if the clothes rack we offered the day after you checked in was sufficient or could we offer something else?

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Consequently, it was disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. We have had no problems within our housekeeping department of recent, so your comments are surprising. I will be sure to investigate them immediately.

BRANDY WEMPNER |
GeneraManager
Crossings by GrandStay
Cambridge, MN
300 South Garfield Street
Cambridge, MN 55008
Tel:763.689.0542

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I took me just a little while to post this review, but I finally had the time! The staff at Crossings was outstanding! We spent the week of Thanksgiving visiting family in the area. The staff are very warm, engaged, and helpful. We had two minor hiccups in our stay, both quickly resolved and very sincere apologies offered (none of them significant). 1) they replaced/updated the entire Wifi system in the hotel and it was significantly improved; however, when they were doing this we lost Wifi. We were both working that day, but when we spoke to the front desk they quickly talked to the service tech and kept one signal going as long as possible. Total down time was less than 5 minutes. 2) They contract with Anytime Fitness for their gym/health center and the key didn't work the first day we went, but they had it fixed by day two. The staff (especially Michelle) was outstanding and genuinely cared that we had a good stay. Rooms were clean, nice, and amenities were in good condition. Breakfast was more than expected and varied from day to day, which is always a nice change of pace for frequent travelers. We will most certainly be back.

Room Tip: The king whirlpool room has tons of space and a huge whirlpool tub.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We welcome your comments so that we can improve for your future experiences with us.
We look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in Cambridge.

Respectfully,
Brandy Wempner
General Manger

Reviewed 24 August 2013

The location was great, close to shopping and other stores in the area. Enjoyed the pool and spa area.. The staff was great and very helpful. This was my first stay at this hotel (5 days) will stay again on my next trip to Cambridge.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

close to where I needed to go. breakfast was more than expected. clean and comfortable. staff was friendly. would recommend it to anyone going to that part of Minnesota. would have liked a fridge. thought there was one in the description but ended up going out for lunch and dinners.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

We always appreciate feedback to let us know that what we are doing makes a difference to our guests. We take pride in what we do and your comments mean a lot to us. All of our rooms do have a small refrigerator and microwave in the cabinets below the TV and I apologize that you weren't aware of their location during your stay. We look forward to serving you when your travels bring you back to the Cambridge area.

With Hospitaltiy,
Keri Erickson

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Location was great, easy to find. We brought our dog, so we needed a place that allowed dogs. Our room smelled really awful, like stale cigarettes. Being 7 months pregnant, that was really bothersome. Hot tub was great, but the pool was a bit green and cloudy, which must have been from the busy July 4th week. Our shower head in our room had pink slime and could have used a good scrubbing, and the air conditioner made a loud plunking noise much of the night. Over the years I've learned that if you want a hotel that takes pets, you have to really lower your standards.

• Stayed: July 2013

I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We accommodate many guests each evening and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each guest at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and our overall hotel, we want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. Your review told us what we're doing right, and your review also told us what we're doing wrong and we will use your comments to train our employees on ways that we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. We hope that our willingness to make changes and become better at what we do will allow us the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the Cambridge area.

With Hospitality,
Keri Erickson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Princeton
AmericInn Lodge & Suites North Branch
Super 8 Milaca
Super 8 Milaca
#1 of 2 in Milaca

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge? Share your experiences!