“Great place to stay in Cambridge MN”

Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Cambridge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambridge
Eau Claire
“Great place to stay in Cambridge MN”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel was previously a Country Inn and Suites. Ithink that it is now nicer in some ways. Rooms are nicely appointed and clean. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Nice outside area to sit when weather permits. I would say that it is a good value.

Room Tip: This property does not have an elevator, so consider the 1st floor if this is an issue for you.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CrossingsCambridge, Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us a great review. We appreciate your comments.
Hope to see you again when you are in the Cambridge area.

Respectfully,
Brandy Wempner - General Manager
and the staff at the Crossings Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hinckley, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I won't say anything terrible about this Inn, but I was not enthusiast about my stay either. I am a frequent business traveler and due to a family emergency this week, I picked this Inn due to the proximity to my family. The upside was this establishment was clean and quiet. I always do an inspection of my hotel room upon arrival and I was happy to see no mold in the bathroom, sheets and towels appeared to be fresh, and no cobwebs in the corners. Downside were a couple things, when we went down to breakfast at 7:15am, both regular coffee thermoses were empty and there was very little left on the breakfast buffet. There were only four people in the dining area at the time, so I don't know if there was a mad rush right at 6am or what happened. Second, there is no elevator in this hotel that we were aware of. So, if mobility is an issue or you have a lot of luggage, may want to think twice. Third, we were over charged for our stay and I am still waiting for two days refund. At the time of booking, I reserved 3-days not knowing how long our relative would be in the hospital, we ended up only staying one night, for which I gave the front desk 24 hours notice that we were leaving early. So, in closing the Inn was clean and the staff were pleasant, but not much in amenities.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if you don't want to do stairs.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I'm concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

I would like to explain the credit card situation. As most hotels do, when you check in we authorize your card for the amount of your stay. After checking out early, it will take 3-5 business days to release the difference. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

I am very please however, that your found our rooms clean and quiet.

Please be assured that the issues you've raised about breakfast have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Brandy Wempner
Blaine, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very rude staff from the minute we checked in! There was a fingernail in the bed and the phones didn't work. The microwave almost caught on fire. The whirlpool was not working and we didn't get told until we paid for the room. The pool was green and my son got a rash from swimming in it. There was a loud party going on in other rooms! We were escorted out of the hotel during an 11 year old bday in the middle of a quiet game of quelf for being loud and it wasn't even us that was loud. The entire lobby was packed with drunks.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Darla H
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
After receiving numerous noise complaints from other hotel guests and giving three separate warnings (from two different staff members), and with no resolution on your end, unfortunately we had to make the difficult decision to have the police come and evict.
The microwave in your room has been tested and was found to be operating fine by maintenance and your telephone had simply been unplugged from the wall.
The whirlpool was closed for a very short period only for cleaning, which is normal. Our Pool chemicals are tested daily and are maintained at proper chemical levels. They are also monitored by the local health department. This pool was full of guests during the time you were there with no other complaints. We are very diligent in following all safety procedures.
Due to all of the issues from your party, and complaints from other guests we made a decision based on what was best for all guests involved.
Otsego, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and i stayed here in January and this property is beautiful. Common areas are well maintained housekeeping was awesome and The GM Brandy I think is her name was Great! WE will definitely be staying again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica S
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the great experience you had while staying with us. We truly value our guest comments.
We look forward to having you visit us again in the near future.
Hayward, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I just returned from vaction and realized my stay at the Crossings Inn Cambridge was better than my 5 star resort. It was clean and the breakfast was wonderful. I also want to mention that the staff is top notch. Friendly and smiles all the time. The GM, who I guess is new is a gem. She is sincer and you can tell she likes what she does. Katie in housekeeping was so sweet. If you are looking for comfortable and clean, friendly .... visit them. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I travel for work and don't have extremely high expectations. I am staying at this motel for several weeks. There is hanging space for 5 items. There are 3 very small drawers. The staff is not accommodating, especially the manager and day staff. The night staff is nice. This makes me assume they haven't been infected by the negative management. When I arrived, the clerk said, "what day would you like housekeeping?" I thought she was joking. She was not. The shower has not been cleaned in 7 days at this time. The toilet has a black ring under the rim that is visible from the entry door. The linen is very hard and stiff. Housekeeping is a joke. When you put the tent on the bed to change the sheets, they don't change them. I wrote the housekeeper a note asking her to clean the bathroom and change the sheets. I would avoid this property like the plague. The manager changes the WiFi access weekly. You would think she works for the NSA. She won't give it over the phone. You have to go to the desk to get it. The night staff will give it out over the phone. Overall, the common areas have been maintained. The room is comparable to a Super 8. But the dirtiest room and worst housekeeping I have ever encountered.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RDH123
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Mr. Hatton
We are in receipt of your complaint and we’re in the process of reviewing it. I'm concerned about the issues you’re experiencing with our hotel, and thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We always hope that our guests report any problems during their stay to the front desk. In speaking with my staff it seems none of your issues were reported to us. Since you are still a guest with us, please stop by the front desk and we would be happy to address your concerns.

I want you to know that the concerns of our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. It will help us to avoid a similar situation in the future.

I wanted to let you know that our internet service provider automatically changes the passcode weekly for our guest’s safety & security. In the future we will absolutely make sure you receive this first thing Monday Morning.

We are wondering if the clothes rack we offered the day after you checked in was sufficient or could we offer something else?

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Consequently, it was disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. We have had no problems within our housekeeping department of recent, so your comments are surprising. I will be sure to investigate them immediately.

BRANDY WEMPNER |
Cambridge, MN 55008
Tel:763.689.0542
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I took me just a little while to post this review, but I finally had the time! The staff at Crossings was outstanding! We spent the week of Thanksgiving visiting family in the area. The staff are very warm, engaged, and helpful. We had two minor hiccups in our stay, both quickly resolved and very sincere apologies offered (none of them significant). 1) they replaced/updated the entire Wifi system in the hotel and it was significantly improved; however, when they were doing this we lost Wifi. We were both working that day, but when we spoke to the front desk they quickly talked to the service tech and kept one signal going as long as possible. Total down time was less than 5 minutes. 2) They contract with Anytime Fitness for their gym/health center and the key didn't work the first day we went, but they had it fixed by day two. The staff (especially Michelle) was outstanding and genuinely cared that we had a good stay. Rooms were clean, nice, and amenities were in good condition. Breakfast was more than expected and varied from day to day, which is always a nice change of pace for frequent travelers. We will most certainly be back.

Room Tip: The king whirlpool room has tons of space and a huge whirlpool tub.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We welcome your comments so that we can improve for your future experiences with us.
We look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in Cambridge.

Respectfully,
Brandy Wempner
General Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Princeton
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mora
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Chisago City
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#2 of 2 in Chisago City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Forest Lake
AmericInn Lodge & Suites North Branch

Been to Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Cambridge? Share your experiences!