See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

This is not a chain motel, so I had no idea what to expect. This family run motel is very clean and the owners are accommodating. The price, $70 a night for a room with two queen beds, was more than a bargin. With this motel being close to The Treasure Island Casino, I will be returning.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2015

One of two choices in Cannon Falls. Very nice, quiet motel. Within a couple of miles of downtown and the shops and restaurants. The winery is a nice place to visit and the wines are tasty. A short walk from the river and the falls.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2015

My Husband And I stayed here While Doing Business In The Area.
We Had Friends That Frequently Stay here While In Cannon Falls For Horse Shows.They Recommended it.
The Rooms Are nIce Size, very clean And Comfortable. Staff Is Very Friendly And Accommodating.

Would Definitely Stay Here Again.

• Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank DDHEDBURG
Reviewed 6 February 2015

Very Friendly staff at check in, Clean large rooms. Owners really make you feel at home. free wifi is nice. Great value for the money. The owners are more than helpful to give you information of the area. Would stay there again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Terry B
Reviewed 14 November 2014

I checked into this motel in order to have a base of operations for a business meeting that I was to have later in the day. I am the owner/operator of a renewable energy company. I checked in, and upon carrying my bags and dog into the room, I met the entire family, father, grandmother, two kids,(excluding the wife), They were very nice. They all petted my dog, and were very nice. Several hours later my client arrived. He came to my room, we said hellos, and exited the room. While leaving, I was approached by a disheveled woman. I said, "Excuse me ma'am, is this your place?" It was my intent to tell her that I was going out to dinner. Whenever I stay in a hotel with my well trained dog, I always leave my name, number, and location that I will be at, in case something ever happens. She physically leaned toward the left on her toes in order to see in the room. She saw that my dog was on the still made bed, and said that there were no dogs allowed on the bed. . It was my intent to tell her that I was going out to dinner. Whenever I stay in a hotel with. I always leave my name, number, and location that I will be at in case something ever happens. She physically lean toward left instant up on her to beat house in order to see in the room. She saw that my dog was on the still-made bed, and said that there were no dogs allowed on the bed. I obliged, and told her that I would tell my well trained dog to stay on the floor. I went back into the room to do this and I began to tell her that I was going to dinner, when I was interrupted. She told me that pets were not allowed to stay in rooms alone unless they were in a kennel. I found this odd, but obliged. My client and I then took the dog with us to find a hardware store, or department store to buy a kennel. It was 4 o’clock on a Sunday afternoon. We were unable to find anything open. We left the dog in the running Mercedes while we ate dinner. During dinner I had decided I did not want to stay at this motel. It was my intent to check in to the best Western down the street. I returned, gathered my things, got in my car, (I never asked for a refund, didn't care) and as I was pulling out when the woman exited the office and said “If you leave now I will charge you $100.” I rolled down my window and said, “for what, if you charge me I’ll sue you.” I checked into the hotel down the street carried my bags and my dog upstairs. After being in my room for about 15 minutes I got a call on the hotel phone from this woman. She said that if I didn’t get the Mercedes belonging to my friend out of her parking lot she was going to call the cops and get it towed. My response was that I didn’t care it’s not my car, call the cops. She then called the cops saying that I was a drunk driver. I was not, I had nothing to drink. I don’t drink. I then got a call on my cell phone from the client saying that the police were looking for me. This was very odd. I went outside and was confronted by an overzealous police officer sticking a breathalyzer in my face. I refused.

Room Tip: Try the hotel down the road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Brian Q
0913gus, Manager at Caravan Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2015

In response to the review by "My stay". Although we do allow pets, we require them to be on leashes to insure the safety of all of our customers. Most people are happy to abide by this rule, but there are occasionally people who do not. As a motel manager, is is never a pleasant experience to have to confront those who insist on continually disregarding the rule. I always try to handle this in a professional manor, but after repeated requests to someone to abide by the policy I may get a bit annoyed. Some people may take this as being rude. I understand that many people travel with their pet, but in order to insure the safety of all our customers we will continue to insist on leashes being used on our property.