“great afternoon”

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“great afternoon”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you're looking for a great way to spend an afternoon this is it. They have a number of different wines, something for every taste., the Gunflint Red is my favorite. The building is an old car dealer comeplete with an overhead garage door that they can open up in the summer. They have music every weekend and again there is something for every taste in music, Andrew Walesch is my personal favorite.The staff is very helpful, everyone seems to be enjoying themselves and they know their wine.They also have a number of special dates for barrel tasting, holiday craft fairs, and Wine Trail events it just adds to the fun. We have been there a number of times and we will return again.

Visited May 2014

Minneapolis
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Fun local place!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My friend and I were driving to La Crosse Wisconsin and decided to stop through Cannon Falls to grab lunch. We ended up going to Mill Street Tavern and noticed the winery across the street. It was Saturday, and there was a live band so it was fun to hangout there for a few hours. It was busy, but not too packed (see pictures). We got flights and could pick 3 different wines to try for $6 total. I got the "grandma" flights that were special wines dedicated to grandmas that used to work there. So they are named after them. The 3 I tried were all sweeter wines. "Lorraine's white, Irene's blush, and Gogol Red." Afterwards we bought wine. Most were around $15. Was fun, would come again!

Visited May 2014
Cannon Falls, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Neat local winery”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

check out their website for the times to go & see the wine making process. From picking grapes to putting it in the bottle. They also have music & my favorite, Girls Day Away.

Visited February 2014
Cannon Falls
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“GREAT experience at a local winery”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Here you will find top shelf wines developed and made by 3rd generation vintner Vincent Negret from Colombia. The winery is owned and operated by the Maloney family, and they will treat you as old friends. They use locally grown grapes, now and then blending imports, to produce a wonderful taste of Minnesota and the upper Midwest. When he is available, Mr. Negret is very enthusiastic about helping one (or a small group) to discover what type of wine is preferred during documented tastings of a variety of wines produced there. He is quite in his element when doing this. I watched the winery being constructed, I met and conversed with the Maloneys, and I have spent some time with Vincent, and as an amateur wine maker myself I can assure you that you will find it a real treat to visit the winery. They want you to have a great experience, and they do a pretty job of it. This should definitely be on your "to do" list!

Visited November 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota, Usa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Girls trip!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

If you are planning an easy laid back girls weekend, a trip to Cannon Falls and the Winery should be in your plans. The cost is worth it. They have live music most of the time, and are very welcoming.

Visited January 2014