“Well Worth the Drive”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Well Worth the Drive”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My fiancee and I stopped in today as we found ourselves in the Farmington area. I will say, I was taken aback by how lovely the interior of the space was, as the exterior was less appealing.
We both had a sample flight and I was impressed. As I am not a fan of the sweeter vinos I enjoyed the Levee Red immensely, as well as the MN Meritage. The Sparkling was surprisingly tasty, being from the edelweiss grape, which can make wines very hit or miss, in my opinion.
I would definitely recommend making the journey down to this lovely tasting room.

Visited July 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Not Bad, Not Great”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Fighting off the deluge of June 2014, we stopped in for a few hours to sample the wines and take in the really neat atmosphere of this former car dealership in Cannon Falls. While the wines have received a number of awards, to be honest they are average..... not bad, but just average - that being said a few that deserve mention are the Cannon Falls Red, Bootleggers Red, their version of Ice Wine (much better when chilled more than the temperature it was served at on our visit), and surprisingly the apple wine is quite a refreshing and tasty blend of MN apples without being cloying sweet like many fruit wines. Local bars also served their wines, which is a nice show of community support. Suggest ordering the wine flights to sample , you will receive 3 samples (about 2-3 ounces each) of any of their wines (including the reserves) for $6 - our suggestion is to have each person in your group order the sampling flights to get a taste of more than one wine, for us we were able to sample 6 different wines for $12. If tasting flights aren't your preference, you can purchase all their wines by the glass for $6 a glass/$8 a glass reserve wines. Having been on dozens of winery tours we opted out of this tour, so cannot comment. There is a small 'wine boutique' also with napkins, cheese boards, wine stoppers, etc. but did not peruse so cannot comment on this, either. A small selection of Eichten (also local) cheeses and cheese spreads ($6-$6.50 per pound, knives to cut the block cheese provided if eating onsite), small water cracker packages ($2.45-$3.00), and a few flavored mustard condiments ($2-$4) are available for separate purchase you can buy and then enjoy onsite with your wine/wine flights. Also a nice selection of local dark chocolate bars ($2-$4) - recommend the 75% dark chocolate with their Bootleggers Reserve for an excellent dessert! The service, however, left something to be desired. Yes Cannon Falls is a small town and being originally from even smaller towns we understand the informality that comes with a local establishment - however it's insulting for women to be referred to as 'hi guys', 'you guys want something', what can I get you guys'.....it would raise the bar several notches in the Customer Service Department by referring to your clientele in more professional terms and refrain from calling women 'guys'. Even with the strong vibe of 'we really don't care if you're here o not', we did enjoy a few hours out of the rain, and would recommend this as a girl's afternoon out or similar. Not sure men would appreciate it beyond purchasing decent wines at a not bad price....prices range from $13 to $39 a bottle (for their version of ice wine)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank M J B
Kapaa, Hawaii
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Nice day”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Just spent an afternoon tasting wine at Cannon River Winery. Very nice assortment of quality wines, at least for what we can offer in the midwest. I especially enjoyed the Mead. The facility was nice, service very good. A good way to spend an afternoon. We will do it again.

Inver Grove Heights
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“great afternoon”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you're looking for a great way to spend an afternoon this is it. They have a number of different wines, something for every taste., the Gunflint Red is my favorite. The building is an old car dealer comeplete with an overhead garage door that they can open up in the summer. They have music every weekend and again there is something for every taste in music, Andrew Walesch is my personal favorite.The staff is very helpful, everyone seems to be enjoying themselves and they know their wine.They also have a number of special dates for barrel tasting, holiday craft fairs, and Wine Trail events it just adds to the fun. We have been there a number of times and we will return again.

Visited May 2014
Minneapolis
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Fun local place!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My friend and I were driving to La Crosse Wisconsin and decided to stop through Cannon Falls to grab lunch. We ended up going to Mill Street Tavern and noticed the winery across the street. It was Saturday, and there was a live band so it was fun to hangout there for a few hours. It was busy, but not too packed (see pictures). We got flights and could pick 3 different wines to try for $6 total. I got the "grandma" flights that were special wines dedicated to grandmas that used to work there. So they are named after them. The 3 I tried were all sweeter wines. "Lorraine's white, Irene's blush, and Gogol Red." Afterwards we bought wine. Most were around $15. Was fun, would come again!

Visited May 2014