“Clean, Large Rooms, But Nothing Special”

Saratoga Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cannon Falls
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We wanted to get away for an overnight stay somewhere close so selected this hotel. The rooms are large and include nice artwork on the walls, a small couch and fridge and microwave. Continental breakfast seemed fresh and included make your own waffles, fruit, pastries, muffins, yogurt, bagels, juice, coffee, cereal & milk (no eggs). That's where the good review ends. Nothing special about the service, hotel is older, pool and hot tub were closed for repair. The toiletries include a combination shampoo/conditioner in a packet that was hard to open instead of having it in the typical bottle. One of our two entry cards didn't work day one, and day two, when we came back, neither worked. There aren't many options in this area and the hotel is okay. You just won't be wowed by your experience here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iam_intrigued

Reviewed 25 July 2012

This Best Western was like any other you would go to. I stayed here because it was on the way to my final destination.

The lobby was nice and clean. The room was pretty big.

There was a pole to keep the window shut because there were no locks on the window on the first floor. And the coffee maker was pretty gross.

Not luxurious but it was cheap.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank K_Nibs_Lian309
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The going rate for this hotel was $69.00. Was a little afraid, but was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and spacious, beds comfortable and the entire hotel was very quiet. I don't think there were many quest, but still very quiet. Arrived late, but front desk was helpful and pleasant. As for the breakfast, the best thing was the waffles. Not much fruit and only one flavor of yogurt, but bread and bagels appeared fresh. The usual breakfast offereings. For the price, would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helena R
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Our stay wasn't unpleasant, it was fine for what I thought I was paying, $74.81. Instead I was charged $90.00, not once but twice! Being a nurse I don't have that kind of money to play with. It's fri and I have $2.00 until mon when I'm assured it will be taken care of! ???- really??
I went online and apparently this is a B W policy. Needless to say - I will never step foot in one again!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here for 4 week nights in December 2011, and was pleasantly surprised - we were literally the ONLY 2 people in the entire hotel the 1st 2 nights, and did have to ask the front desk person to open the free breakfast area for us, but wasn't really an issue. the room was clean, quiet and inexpensive. Pool was closed for repairs, but was scheduled to open again soon. That was noted on their website when I reserved the room, so not a surprise- I was glad they were up front about it, it would have been an issue if I had brought my kids! Will stay there again if I am visiting the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This hotel was much quieter than I expected being close to a major highway.

The only con about my stay was when I walked up to the breakfast bar in stocking feet and the floor was sticky and my socks kept sticking to the floor. I went back to my room to put shoes on.

The breakfast, as usual for a best western, was excellent. Especially the waffles and the pre-measured cups of waffle mix all ready to go into the waffle maker.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on second level (if able to do the stairs) near the back of the building, furthest fr...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My business partner and I stayed here one night and it was okay. It has Wifi, cable and a simple breakfast. Not very impressive but it worked. If you can find something a little newer and nicer I would suggest doing so. But if you need a place to stay and you dont have many options this will work.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield
Nichols Inn Red Wing
Nichols Inn Red Wing
#4 of 9 in Red Wing

Been to Saratoga Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!