“A nice hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cannon Falls
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“A nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

As a corporate traveler, I found the Saratoga to be everything I had hoped. Hotel was actually full on a Tuesday night.....construction in town.. I had a nicely equipped, clean room, it featured a 42" tv, microwave and fridge. It was very clean with 2 nice queen beds. Check in was fast and efficient. I would recommend this hotel based on my stay.Also has a nice lobby and pool area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

And not just because there was a skunk running around outside the front of the building. At first, I was impressed with the place as it seemed to be updated. We had to quick check in a leave right away so my girls and i put our things in the room before we had to head out to our event. I noticed there wasn't any soap in the bathroom so we stopped at the desk to get some. I had to wait for 5 minutes while the desk clerk took a reservation, when she was off the phone I said we didn't have any soap(cups, shampoo weren't in the room either) she came back with some, set it on the counter and said "You're welcome" Really??! No apology, nothing! We got back later in the evening and the kids swam for a little, pool was nice and had a view if wildlife out the window-skunk. After showers and getting settled we went to bed. One daughter got in my bed and said "Mom, why is the bed wet?" Well, the side she was on had a huge wet area on the mattress!! Since it was late and the place was possibly full, I put a towel down and trired to go to sleep. Upon checkout I planned to let my unhappiness be known. When I went to the desk to checkout, nobody was there, she was upstairs doing the breakfast and took awhile to come down. I explained about the bed and was told how that just couldn't be possible, etc. Basically, i felt like I was being questioned about how the bed got wet! Another lady in the lobby told me the same thing happened in her room! Real comforting. Since a manager wasn't there I had to wait until later in he day to get a phone call telling me they took $30 off my total bill. This was 2 weeks ago, still don't have a copy of my bill that should be sent to me. I also contacted Best Western corporate and after being offered a rewards point card that I turned down, was promised a $30 BW gift card, that hasn't come either! Keep in mind this the nicest place to stay in this town but that's not saying much. Be warned to check your sheets before you climb into bed, sweet dreams!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Cannon Falls hotels

Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Nice clean lobby and rooms. Friendly staff. No complaints, except for the breakfast buffet. I didn't mind the lack of variety (pastries and fruit would have been fine), but many items were not restocked and the waffle batter ran out before 7 am. Only staff to help were at the front desk and they were busy helping customers with check out. It was not a deal-breaker for me, because I can for the bed; but if you are going to offer a complimentary breakfast, then make sure that whatever you offer is available to your customers during the hours you indicate.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Michele T
St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Vicki at the front desk is very kind, sweet, accommodating and professional. I had messed up on the reservations and when we got there, there wasn't anything available. Vicki found us a room that was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

chesterfield South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Been here a couple of times before and that's why I come back to this one when I'm in the area.
Good value for the money. Clean rooms. Nice staff. Continental breakfast could use a little sausage biscuit other than that everything was good!

Room Tip: Stay away from exits and ice machines, noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Iowa City, Iowa, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I was VERY disappointed to find there was no elevator in the facility. I have a chronic condition which occasionally causes me to limp and have pain in one leg. It was uncomfortable to use the stairs to get to the second floor. My husband carried our luggage up, as I was little help to him.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

This hotel is very nice. Our room was very large and very well decorated. The pool area was wonderful. The pool and hot tub were very clean. It looked like the area was either new or newly renovated. We were very pleased with this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suite had two sets of windows.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Super 8 Red Wing
#6 of 9 in Red Wing
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cottage Grove
BEST WESTERN Rivertown Inn & Suites

Been to Saratoga Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!