“Worst Hotel Experience ”

Palace Casino & Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cass Lake
Palace Casino & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cass Lake
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel experience ever. First room smelled like mold and mildew so we were given a different room. That room had dirty women's underwear under the pillow. When I used the toilet, the seat wasn't even connected. It was a joke of a place to stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mpetersb

Reviewed 15 September 2013

On a cross country road trip, we were directed here when other locations in the area were full. Not at all interested in the casino, but found the room clean and the bed comfortable. The soaps and toiletries are luxurious too, something I've found in band-run facilities. The best thing was how quiet it was. I've never had such a peaceful evening in a hotel/motel. Never even heard a door shut in the hallway!

And the French fries at the restaurant were the best fries I have ever tasted!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pheedom
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Spent the night at this hotel while doing a tour through MN. The room had been updated with new paint, carpet, furniture and bedding, so everything was really nice.
We found the the staff to be very friendly. They give you $5.00 casino play & & 2.00 food discount (each) for staying at the hotel. The casino is really small and could use updating. The smoke is really bad. Everybody was smoking & coughing.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank HeyKJo
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I travel the area a great deal on business and have found this to be a three star experience for a really good price. The entire property is clean and fresh and the beds are comfortable with abundant pillows. But the welcoming staff sealed the deal for me.

Room Tip: I get the hot tub suite because during the week they still cost less than I would pay staying in Bem...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LynnellSP
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Ive stayed with the palace a few times on and off throughout the years everytime i have come back it just keeps getting better and better the staff are excellent here they make you feel welcome and accomidated I cant wait to go back in a few months and stay in one of the newly renovated rooms!! Love staying here!!

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room preferrably a king or jacuzzi
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Happy M
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I decided to stay at The Palace Hotel because rooms in Bemidji were all booked. When i arrived I was greeted by the front desk staff and given an option at the few room types. Customer service was excellent and I was satisfied. The lobby looked neat and there was a refreshing smell over the smoke smell. I recommend you put microwaves and mini fridges in the rooms or at least to rent and fix the hot tub.

Room Tip: Rooms will soon be remodeled. Until then, Jacuzzi rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The staff was excellent and the rooms were very clean. The food in the restaurant was excellent both times I have stayed here. I only have a couple negatives, and that may change as they continue to update the rooms. The beds are uncomfortable,very hard, and even though I was in a non-smoking room, I could still detect a smoke smell which I am sensitive to, so I cracked open a window. The hallways could be cleaner, but all in all, both of my stays there have been great.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Country Inn Walker
#1 of 7 in Walker
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji
Best Western Bemidji Inn

Been to Palace Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!