“Come here for the Bison Burgers”
Review of Eichten's Bistro

Eichten's Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My son and I will take the 45min drive up here from time to time to enjoy a bison burger for lunch, sample cheese and take some cheese curds and bison burgers home with us.
Also happy to see them at the Annex Farmers Market in Minneapolis!!!!

2  Thank Frumpydog

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Family owned restaurtant that serve the farm made product. The bison burger wiht home cheese is very good. on the road from StCroix to Twin cities. worth the detour. I would recommend to friend.

1  Thank Fastbobo
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Out for a drive on the way to St. Croix Valley. Stopped for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. Bison is their specialty and it was very good. Delicious crispy thin sweet potato fries. Nice selection of beer. Even some of the cheese is made here. Server was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend if you are in the area.

1  Thank PlanetR
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Visited for lunch recently and I thought the combination store and dining area were cozy and quaint. I tried a buffalo burger for the first time, which was served after others in my party because there was a mix-up between the server and the kitchen. Oh well, those things happen. The burger was very good - flavorful and juicy without being greasy. I'm guessing the prices must reflect a higher cost for buffalo meat than ground beef since $10 for a burger ala carte and $14 for a combo of burger and fries seems on the high end to me.

1  Thank wifisker
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stopped in for lunch on a Saturday. The restaurant is small, but the wait staff was friendly and attentive. We liked that they offered healthy and gluten-free options. We were not sure what "Tilsit" cheese was, and the server was happy to explain. I ordered their Bison Classic burger with Tilsit cheese and spicy brown mustard. It was delicious, although I was surprised that the mustard is added to the burger before serving. It could have used a bit more of the mustard, in my opinion. The sweet potato fries were thin and crispy, with excellent flavor and perfectly cooked. The other members of our party also agreed the food was excellent. There is a fun little gift shop with local products to buy, and an antique store in a barn on the same property. We enjoyed the giant bison sculpture outside and had fun taking our picture in front of it, as well.

1  Thank TerriKay