“GREAT place !!!”

Chanhassen Dinner Theatres
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Chanhassen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Chanhassen Dinner Theatres is the nation’s largest Equity (professional status) dinner theatre company featuring multiple stages under one roof. In addition, CDT is Minnesota’s only year-round musical theatre and the largest tourist attraction in Carver County. Founded in 1968, Chanhassen is a producing theatre, completely creating and executing all production elements in the theatres’ own on-site scene, costume and properties shops by its own creative design team led by Resident Artistic Director Michael Brindisi.
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We went to see Fiddler on the Roof and LOVED it!!! Tevye was a "smaller" man than you expect Tevye to be.....however he had the voice of a GIANT. SOOOOOOOO good. Even my sister (who doesn't love plays) enjoyed the show. Dinner was great. Wish they had some less expensive choices for wine. But overall an absolutely delightful evening!!!! WOW....such talent!!!!

1  Thank JRS208
"high school"
"new year's eve"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I've been to great shows and mediocre shows at the Chanhassen, but have enjoyed the experience each time. I'd highly recommend upgrading your entree; the basic options are OK, but some of the upgrades (IE - prime rib) are quite good. If you sign up for their birthday club (and mailing list) you'll get occasional coupons; I most frequently receive offers for show+dinner for the price of the show only.

1  Thank Nate C
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We went for our 30th Anniversary- They treated us like we were the only people there. Rob Olson took care of us with excellent attention to all details. Great food and drinks. We felt the pricing was great for the package we got. Excellent service and a great performance. We are on the mailing list and hope to get there often.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have been at this theatre a lot of times and every time has been a different experience. Last time I was there I saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The musical was very good, my 9 year old nephew and I really enjoyed it. The food was really good too. I had the famous chicken chanhassen and then my nephew and I shared a chocolate bundt cake with ice cream for dessert. If you like chocolate this will make the perfect dessert for your visit. Our seats were located in the upper level but the view was still good since the theatre is not so big compared to other theatres I have been to. We shared the table with two other people but we didn’t mind because they were very nice. The servers made our experience even more pleasant. They were very friendly and answered all my questions about the menu. I just found out that you can also reserve the theatre to celebrate a special event such as a wedding, a birthday or holiday party. In overall, I had a delightful experience at this theatre, just as I expected. I plan to go back there to see Fiddler on the Roof sometime in November.

1  Thank Allison L