“Great Atmosphere”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen, MN
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chanhassen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I would highly recommend this place to anyone for any reason. The people at the desk are helpful and courteous. We had a suite and it was very spacious and clean. The breakfast has anything you can want, which includes an egg dish and hot meat for diabetics who can't eat just all sugar and carbs. Check-out was easy. Quiet place...once inside of the room you don't hear anything.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Lyn K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Sally,
Thank you for staying with us recently. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our variety of breakfast options. We look forward to having you back again the next time your travels bring you to Chanhassen.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I read numerous reviews before booking this hotel and I'm happy to report that our experience was good. Our room was fairly chilly upon our arrival, but it quickly heated up once we'd turned up the thermostat. We had a King Suite, and left the door open to the "living area" of the room as we had no one else staying with us, and that allowed better air flow. Some of the reviews state that rooms weren't clean, bedspreads were stained, etc., but we had a very clean room and bedspread. The only quibble we found was that the shower drain was quite clogged and that when showering the water splashes/splatters out from between the shower surround and curtain, pooling up by the door into the living area of the suite. If housekeeping/maintenance adjusts the curtain so the ends are flared into the tub rather than outward, that should resolve that issue. The clogged drain was reported to the front desk and cleared up during the day of our stay.

The fitness center was not readily visible, but with an inquiry at the front desk, it was quickly found. The thermostat said the temperature was set to 61 degrees, it was 74 in the room; another reviewer reported that the fitness center was quite warm as well, so this is something to bear in mind.

The breakfast for the weekends is heavy on the carbohydrates, so for those of us who can't have gluten, I got by with yogurt, peanut butter, coffee and a banana the first morning. The second morning had bacon and eggs available, so I had a bit more hearty fare for Sunday's breakfast.

There were fresh cookies available for check-in, though I did not partake nor did my husband.

The staff was very friendly overall, however the evening desk clerk was more concerned about what she was reading on the computer screen on Friday night than taking a couple seconds to let us know some dining options near the hotel.

One reviewer mentioned that trains frequently passed near the property and interrupted their sleep, but I'm happy to report that neither my husband nor I heard any trains go by.

I'd definitely stay here again, as it appears the hotel management is going to great lengths to improve the hotel from the poor reviews it received prior to their taking over.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Lyn K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel. We take great pride in constant improvement of the hotel and our services. I will be sure to bring up the shower curtain issue with our Executive Housekeeper so we can begin to address the issue. I will also make sure we look into the thermostat within the fitness center. Breakfast is in constant change and I will personally look into gluten free options and how we might be able to incorporate additional standards into our breakfast. We will look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Chanhassen!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Stayed there after my friends son's wedding and it was wonderful. Wish I would have been able to stay longer. The room and the staff are fantastic. My room was like a small apartment, without a kitchen. Loved it. Very comfortable. If they add recliners to the room instead of the easy chairs, I might have to move in.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Lyn K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you for staying with us and we are always happy to have our guests enjoy their stay so much that they might move in. I will be sure to pass on your comment to Carlson team for future renovations regarding the recliner option in our suites. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the Twin Cities.

Sincerely~

Reviewed 12 September 2012

My husband and I always choose CIS at Chanhassen when we are having a relaxing weekend away. The staff is welcoming and friendly. It is a modern, quiet, and clean hotel. The one bed suite is deluxe with two separate rooms. We enjoy the spacious breakfast area with ample seating in an adjoining room. The location of this hotel on 78th Street is convenient to the Old Log Theater, Chanhassen Dinner Theater, Minnesota Arboretum, etc.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your preferred option whenever you travel to the area. It is always so nice to hear the great things that our guests enjoy about our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Chanhassen. Be sure to see the next show at the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre - Bye, Bye, Birdie opens October 5th and I am hearing great things about the production!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed 4 days at this location for a wedding. Had a mishap with a room sprinkler head that poured water into our room and got all the wedding clothes wet. Totally our fault - not hotel. Lynn was excellent at getting the flower girl dress dried and mom and dads clothes dry also. Only had to go buy new shoes. Under the circumstances the staff went above and beyond to help us. Excellent people here!
Close to shopping and eating areas - from Micky D's to fine dining. Breakfast at hotel was very good also. Nice variety.

Room Tip: We had rooms 100 on main floor great location, 200 was also very good, had tow other rooms booked...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Lyn K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

We are glad to hear that even after the emergency situation that you had a great weekend and enjoyed yourself at the wedding. We will look forward to seeing your family again the next time your travels bring you to the Twin Cities area.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Just like James Brown is the hardest working man in show business, at least he was before he died; the maids at this hotel are the hardest working in the hotel business. They still have turn down service and morning room refresh. The vacuum is always going down the hallway and i felt the place was clean and homey. The furnishings are not the plastic and pressed wood items you can get at the warehouse. Instead, they have hand crafted pieces in focal points. They also have several gathering places throughout the facility making it comfortable for large groups [out-of-town wedding guests] to catch up and visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Lyn K, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Thank you for noticing the entire staff's dedication to the hotel - we will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the entire team. When we renovated the hotel we kept the unique antique pieces and the display with the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre pieces to help our hotel keep that touch of home. We look forward to having you back the next time your travels bring you to Chanhassen.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Having spent the previous night in a hotel with screaming kids running around, I was grateful for the quiet, modern and spacious surrounding s of my one bed roomed suite. Two TVs, fridge, microwave, sofa and a king bed in a separate room. Only two issues for me, one was that the a/c unit was in the bedroom with the thermostat in the lounge area. The lounge area was about 10 degrees hotter than the bedroom. With the a/c running for about 6 hours or more the rooms did balance out but by then it was almost time to check out! The other is what I consider a danger to all occupants. Each corner of the bed frame has a section which sticks out into the narrow space by about 3 inches. I believe these protrusions are intended to keep the bed away form the wall at the head but why have these at the foot? I tripped on one and cut my chin as they cannot be seen. Other than these minor points it was a good stay and one to use again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RickIrene

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and we are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy a quiet evening at our property. Thank you for bringing the bed frame issue to our attention, if you would like to email me privately to let me know what room you were in so we can check into it.

Thank you for staying with us and we will look forward to having you stay again in the future.

lmkaczmarek@sandcompanies.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chanhassen
AmericInn Chanhassen
#3 of 4 in Chanhassen
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie
Oak Ridge Hotel and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen, MN? Share your experiences!