“First Americinn Experience a Good One”

AmericInn Chanhassen
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chanhassen
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed here while visiting relatives in the area. Took advantahe of the great, buy ahead Senior rates. That's a gamble, as we flew in from Michigan in March with no control of airlines or weather, but it paid off.
Our room adjoined the room of another family member. It was very quiet as we were in the wing near the exercise room. There's actually a "garage" across the hall where snow removal, etc equipment is stored. Have to admit, we've never experienced that in a hotel before.
The room was clean and comfortable. There's a refrigerator and coffee maker. The mattresses in our 2 queen bed room were comfortable .
Breakfast was very good for the price. There were actually MORE choices here than at a Fairfiled Inn we just stayed in in Indiana for $30 more a night! In fact, THIS hotel offered a fridge, safe and separate sink area that the Fairlfield Inn didn't ! Too bad there wasn't an Americinn in the Indy area we needed.
We asked if we could bring our 2 1/2 and 5 yr old grandchildren to swim with us. The manager thanked us for asking and did allow this. The pool is not heated or if it is, it wasn't very warm. The 5 year old still loved it. There were towels, hot tub and a sauna available , also. It was all clean.
Staff here is great, from the desk, to everyone involved who we met.
The location is VERY good for others, too. It's close to the Chanhassen Dinner Theater and a short drive to the University Of Minnesota Arboreatum which is a wonderful place to visit.Many restaurants are close by. It's also easy to get to MSP from here. Takes about 20 minutes or so , if traffic isn't bad.
We WILL definitely stay here again. Thanks to all who helped make our 3 night stay so comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside of the L. The West side of the building runs parallel to a very busy s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

WOW! Thank you so much for such a fantastic review! Making your stay comfortable and fun is our goal, and I'm more than pleased with my staff for making this happen. I very much look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!

There are newer reviews for AmericInn Chanhassen

Reviewed 25 March 2013

My friends and I stayed at your lovely motel before going to Ikea and the Science Museum. It was nicely decorated, very clean, and the rooms were quiet. The breakfast was awesome-so many items to choose from and my favorite was the waffels with strawberries and whipped cream. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn during your trip to the science museum! I am more than pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast! There will be plently of waffles waiting for you on your next visit!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I travel to the area several times a year for work and am very happy I started staying at this hotel on my last few visits. It is well conveniently located near restaurants and I can walk across the parking lot to Houlihans for a quick dinner then get back and catch up on emails.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for you nice comments. I'm glad we can continue to give you great customer service, and an atmosphere where you can get some work done! Thank you for your continued business.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

My husband & I enjoyed our stay in a suite that included a king size bed, fireplace, whirlpool and sitting room. We LOVED the whirlpool and fireplace! The TVs seemed a bit small but they were sufficient for the task. We hooked up our laptop using the HDMI hookups (hope I'm saying that correctly) so that we could watch some movies we brought along and that worked well.

The lobby area with books, couches and other amenities was nice. LOVED the wonderful choice of coffees and hot water, too! The staff were friendly and accommodating.

We ordered food from Houlihan's restaurant (across the street) and they were really quick to deliver it to the hotel besides offering an excellent chicken caesar salad. Oh, and the complimentary breakfast at the hotel was AWESOME ~ sausage links and those egg patties were my favorites! Nice to see a variety of foods from your famous Belgian waffles to muffins, cereal, yogurt, fruit, cottage cheese and a variety of drinks. Yummy!

Overall, we'd highly recommend this AmericInn to other couples.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PamelaStorySaver
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Hello! I am so glad you and your husband had a great weekend here with us. Yes, you used the terminology correctly with the HDMI! That made me chuckle....

Thank you for reccomending us! Please come back and relax again soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We arrived with two charter busses of high school choir students. And, this hotel went above and beyond to make our stay memorable.

My handicapped mother and I were wonderfully taken care of. The manager, Matt, and his assistants made sure we had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable.

I know our kids were not perfect. But this did not stop the staff from let us store the music instruments over night inside because of the below freezing temperatures. They even prepared and opened the breakfast an hour early to make sure the kids had an opportunity to get a bite to eat before their first performance.

Speaking of breakfast, wow!!! The hot meal changed everyday and was splendid. All in all, the rooms and public spaces were spotless. Loved the pool/spa room! The employees were kind and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. I had the best time in Minnesota!!!!

Room Tip: The handicap room we stayed in was spacious and accomodated all of our need. We were in a corner ro...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for the kind words! It was wonderful to have your group here, and it was a joy to meet you and your mother. If your in the area again, please come see us!

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We had approximately 20 rooms reserved for our wedding and everyone commented on the friendliness and courtesy of the staff. The hotel is very nice and is up-to-date with all the ammenties. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: We had a king-size suite with whirlpool tub and fireplace. Very nice!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

THANK YOU! Your reccomendation goes a long way. I'm more than pleased with my staff that we were able to assist in such a great weekend!

Reviewed 27 January 2013

My family and I stayed here on the way to a trip down to the southern part of the state. First impressions were excellent: The two staff members working Friday night when we checked in were above and beyond courteous, helpful, and very upbeat. They both provided great information about the area and the hotel immediately at check-in, which was helpful. The room we stayed in was a basic two queen room. I will say that I have been impressed by this place. The breakfast was plentiful and everything was very clean and well kept- something hard to find down towards the cities without paying an arm and a leg. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for reccomending us to your friends and family! We hope we can see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chanhassen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen
Chanhassen Inn
Chanhassen Inn
#3 of 4 in Chanhassen
Holiday Inn Express Chanhassen
Oak Ridge Hotel and Conference Center
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee

Been to AmericInn Chanhassen? Share your experiences!