“My Cat Thanks AmericInn”

AmericInn Chanhassen
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chanhassen
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This motel provides excellent accommodations for the best kind of child, the four-footed kind. My cat did not disturb anybody while we stayed there, unlike the unsupervised, loud, rude children/adolescents who were bouncing off the walls and running/jumping down the hallways. Thank you to AmericInn for not discriminating against the better behaved, four footed family members. We had a room on the top floor that overlooked a marsh, and the chorus of peepers/night creatures made beautiful music through the night. The breakfasts were better than most motel fare. The housekeeping and front desk staff do a fine job. There are many restaurants and stores within walking distance, and more that are a short drive. Angela at the front desk is especially professional and kind. On a long trip with many stops at motels, this AmericInn (the first I've stayed at) was perfect, the best of all the places we stayed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Matt M, General Manager at AmericInn Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your kind review! I am very glad to hear that you and your four legged friend enjoyed your time with us and that you were able to take advantage of our great location during your visit to the Chanhassen area. We will look forward to seeing you and your travel companion again the next time your travels bring you our way!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I would have initially had a hard time between giving this hotel a 3 or 4 out of 5 rating. Due to issues with water leaking from a very heavy rain (we were 3rd floor--room 305 initially), then the shower faucet not working in the room we were given in the middle of the night after our previous room leak, I struggle with even giving it a 2. We also had a disturbing pumplike. sound to deal with off and on that second night when it rained so hard. The leak and noise may have been a fluke as the rain was extraordinary so perhaps a lower floor would be more acceptable.

The hotel staff was very amenable in dropping the charges of that second sleepless night, so I could recommend in the sense that maybe we were just that customer that had that unusually crazy experience.

Next time we will pay a few extra bucks for the hotel right next to Dinner Theater (where we've stayed multiple times without issue) that also happens to be a bit nicer all around anyway (Americann was across the street, tho in reasonable waling distance if you like to walk like we do).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you Troy B for your review and allowing us to celebrate your anniversary with you. I am sorry for the issues that you experienced with the leak occurring in your room. I hope that the next time your travels bring you our way you'll allow us the opportunity to show you that it was indeed a fluke experience and not the norm.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very clean hotel and the staff friendly and always willing to help. Pool and hot tub very clean. Pleasant stay. Will stay here again. Very convenient to shopping and several options for eating. I highly recommend staying at this wonderful place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Matt M, General Manager at AmericInn Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you JohnNRobin for your great review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed our great location and amenities, such as our indoor pool and whirlpool, as well as our friendly staff! We will look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you our way!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed for 5 days in this hotel during my business trip. The room was very clean and spacious. I like the fact that there are a lot of restaurants and convenient shops around the hotel. They made a very good breakfast as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they were very patient even though I spoke in a very weird Asian-English accent.
I also like the fact that there is a small gym inside the hotel. The scenery is very relaxing, nice swimming pool and arcade center inside the building. In general it was a really nice stay, I hope I had the chance to return to this place again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Matt M, General Manager at AmericInn Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel! We are delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of our great location and enjoy your 5 days with us. We will look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in our area!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel which is only minutes from shopping , restaurants and theaters (both stage and movie). The staff is superb; the pool is warm and swimmer-friendly and the rooms are comfortable and clean. If you are looking for a get-away for family and want lots of amenities located about you...I would highly suggest you experience a stay with them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Matt M, General Manager at AmericInn Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Wow Karen K thank you for your great review of our hotel! I am glad that you selected us to enjoy your mini getaway, and that our friendly staff was able to help you enjoy our great amenities and convenient location! We will look forward to seeing you on your next mini getaway!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the AmericInn. Was a great room for the price! Rooms were clean and it was great to have access to a washer and dryer. Discount at the restaurant was also a bonus. Staff was friendly and were very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marla M
Matt M, General Manager at AmericInn Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for your great review! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, convenient guest laundry facilities and friendly staff. I also love hearing that you were able to take advantage of the 10% discount that is offered to our guests at Houlihan's. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you our way!

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a Tuesday when coming to town to attend The Little Mermaid play at the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre. It was myself, my 9 year old daughter and her friend. Rooms were nice, nothing fancy but perfect for what we needed. Having the fridge and microwave is always a plus! The only thing I didnt really like was the bathroom in the lobby had a large group of ants on the floor. I reported it to the front desk and an hour later, the ants were still there. I was disappointed the staff didnt think it was important enough to attend to immediately. When checking out (about 3 hours after initial report) the ants were still there. Other than that, friendly staff, decent breakfast, quiet pool and good location to fit our needs.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of our convenient location to the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre! Also, thank you for bringing the ant's to our attention so that we can remedy the situation and make sure it's an isolated incident. We will hope to see you the next time you're visiting the Chanhassen area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chanhassen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen
Chanhassen Inn
Chanhassen Inn
#3 of 4 in Chanhassen
Holiday Inn Express Chanhassen
Oak Ridge Hotel and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park

Been to AmericInn Chanhassen? Share your experiences!