“The basics need work!”

Chisholm Inn & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chisholm
Chisholm Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chisholm
Minnesota
“The basics need work!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night for business. I checked in late due to travel and was not greeted with a smile or even a hello from the desk attendant. I offered that I was checking in and she asked me to spell my name, sign the paperwork and gave me my keys. No other interaction. The water jug by the front desk (part of the welcome reception) was empty. I would've loved to refill my water bottle with filtered water.

The room furnishings were dated, but more importantly, they weren't clean. The carpet felt coated and in need of a shampoo so I wore flip flops the entire time. The blanket on the bed was ripped and burned, and didn't smell fresh. In fact, the sheets and pillowcases didn't smell fresh either. Of the four pillows in the room, only one was good enough to use. The bedding seemed to need a good hot water wash and maybe some bleach, just the basics!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank LuvToGo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fort Calhoun NE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Very nice hotel. There were 4 of us and we had 2 rooms with 2 beds in each room. They did not put our rooms close to each other. We had one room on the first floor and one on second. They do not have an elevator so if you have a problem with stairs you should make sure to get a first floor room. Rooms were clean and staff was not overly friendly but weren't rude either. Beds were comfortable rooms were good size and set up nicely. Would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Danville, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed for 2 nights while riding the Mesabi Trail, Hotel is about a mile away from the main trail and can be accessed on side trail most of the way. Pool deck is falling apart and you walk on little rocks. Drain in the tub barely drained. Hotel lacked management at front desk. Breakfast area needed more attention by staff.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back side would be quieter away from highway.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Chisholm hotels

Northern Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights while attending training in the area. It is right across the street from the Discovery Center. There is a nice free hot continental plus breakfast with the room, and the hotel clerks are friendly and helpful. The bedding is good and mattresses newer and very comfortable. Each room has coffee maker, small refrigerator and microwave. I had a small maintenance issue that was taken care of promptly and with complete satisfaction. The hotel has plenty of good parking on both sides of building. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thunder Bay, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Stayed for 4 nights over the Christmas period. They had a really good holiday rate which you couldn't refuse. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was pretty good and coffee is avaiable 24 - 7. The pool area was nice as well with a small sauna. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: A room facing the rear of the building would be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Truckerbob
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights as my mom had a class reunion in Hibbing. The breakfast was decent and there were plenty of choices (however, no fruit). When looking for the hotel off 73, just remember McDonalds. That helped me when driving to Hibbing and to the hotel. There is a small refridgerator and microwave in the room and a table with two chairs. As previously stated, this obviously was a Country Inn and Suites. The front desk staff was helpful, although I think the girl goofed when she offered to move us to a room with 2 beds vs a king bed. The new room only had one grab bar in the shower and we had requested an accessible room. I don't believe the new room was accessible or if it was, it is sadly lacking. We got by....would I stay there again? Yes, if in the area but would ask more questions when making a reservation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MN2CA
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

We originally planned to stay in Hibbing, but all the rooms at both hotels there were booked. The Park Inn was recommended the Chisholm Inn & Suites - we think that we got the best bit of luck! We called while on the road and the front desk staff was very helpful in getting us registered and directed in from the highway. Think of the big Country chain - the Chisholm Inn & Suites is very remeniscent! Very clean and comfortable rooms with a newer feeling - the rooms also have a fridge and microwave. The breakfast buffet was on the nicer end of standard for hotels - eggs, waffles, cereal, etc. - and the staff kept it clean and well stocked on a busy morning. The pool area was average (had to ask for toels at the front deck) - but was very clean and has an 'adult' time from 10 to 11pm. Definitely will stay here again when vacationing in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the day staff when talking to the front desk. The 'night staff' (after 6pm...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank J M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chisholm
Hampton Inn Hibbing
Americas Best Value Inn Hibbing
Lakeshore Motor Inn
Lakeshore Motor Inn
#1 of 4 in Virginia

Been to Chisholm Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!