“Follow the rules people!”

St. Cloud / Clearwater RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clearwater
St. Cloud / Clearwater RV Park
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Our family has been going here for years. It's people who write these reviews don't follow the rules. Hmmm quiet hours, they should be followed and if n.ot you should be asked to leave. Extra people yes, you get charged for extra people at a hotel, don't you or maybe the people who complain about that also cheat the hotels. Yes the owners have to be tough, if not this campground would be loud and not a family friendly place. Having loud and drunk people wouldn't be fun for the families there. Been to places where police have been called, yeah I would like tough owners who stick to their rules. Look at the website, it states the charges and rules. Staff is wonderful if you treat them with respect and follow the rules. Quiet hours mean quit hours.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank anne g

Reviewed 13 August 2012

If you are planning a relaxing fun escape to a nice campground with laid back fun owners this is not the place for you.The owners and employees started our weekend by yelling at us then they proceeded to stalk us scold us and all in an agressive demeaning manner. They were caught multiple times talking amoung them selves about us in a negative manner. We will never ever step foot into this campground again EVER. I have never been made to feel so unweclome.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank thjded
Reviewed 12 August 2012

If you want to stay up after 10pm, this is NOT the campground for you. The security team looks for ways to kick you out. Of course you pay upfront and they offer no refunds so once they have your money, they would rather you not stay and bother them! NOT family friendly at all! Extremely expensive!

Room Tip: stay home or go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank jdk1996
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stayed at the St. Cloud / Clearwater RV Park a few Weekends ago. The Location right off of Highway 94, Northwest of the Twin CIties, is a Great Location and Very Convenient for Twin CIties Campers and folks that want to Commute down to the Twin CIties for a Twins Game, Mall of America, etc. The Campground has plenty of Seasonal Campers, and pretty nice RV Sites with Power, Water, and Sanitary Hook-Ups. The Facilities are pretty good. Swimming Pool is small but worked great for the kids. The mini-golf course they have is marginal and a 5 out of 10 at best, but the kid's enjoyed it. The Major Problem is with the Staff, or the Gal working at the Front Desk. I believe her name was Karen, and she may be the owner, which even makes it worse... Karen was rude, unprofessional, and overbearing........... The Ownership should take care of this Problem... My 2 Daughers were even intimidated to go inside to Rent their bikes, buy ice cream or ... This is my only major complaint, on an otherwise pretty nice RV Park, Campground...

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 22 August 2011

owners need to retire they are gruff and rude. They discriminate and i have filed complaints to good sams and bbb. Facility is nice tight spots lots of trees to scratch up the camper as they are over grown on some spots. pool was nice visitors cost mini golf was a joke nice home built set up that costs. It could have been 5 star but do to comments made by Wes the owner we will never return. It isnt 1940 and I do not have to sit at the back of the bus or use a different entrance time to get out of the business for him do not stay there

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank gary h
Reviewed 10 August 2011

A bunch of us friends in the same daycare usually do a campout once a year. Last year they went to the Clearwater campground so I came for a visit. They charge a fee for all visitors to even come through the gate (which I have not found in the other places we camped this summer). Although it is clean and family orientented, there is no swimming beach, no trails to hike on, really not much at all to do unless you want to go 1.5 miles down the road to a county park. They are very small and have very little amenities. A very small swimming pool and tiny playground and a mini golf area that is cramped into a small area that you can pace out about 15 to 20 steps from beginning to end either way. WATCH THEIR FEES! They state that they charge $10.00 unless it is cancelled one week prior to your arrival and they charge the full fee amount for a reservation UP FRONT. The reason for this is so that they can still skim the $10.00 for the cancellation fee whether or not it was longer than one week prior to arrival or not! When I disputed this charge with them, they said that there is a $10.00 cancellation fee regardless and if you cancel within a week they charge you the FULL AMOUNT. I knew I couldn't stay Friday and Saturday and they only accept a full weekend reservation, I asked to cancel and said I would just come Saturday as I had something come up on Friday and if I came on just Saturday, would they credit the $10.00 fee and they also refused (even though they stated that there would probably be tent sites available on that day). They are VERY HARD to work with. It is clean. That is all I really have to say good about this place.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank ljohnson409

Been to St. Cloud / Clearwater RV Park? Share your experiences!