“Food Allergy Alert” 1 of 5 bubbles

Nelson Brothers Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
MN
“Food Allergy Alert”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

When asked if they had any items on menu that would be gluten free they said no. When I asked if they could make something they said "NO IF THEY HAD TO MAKE EXCEPTIONS FOR ONE THEY WOULD HAVE TO DO IT FOR ALL." Hard to believe in this day and age that this still happens. Avoid if you have food allergens.

• Visited May 2014

Clear Lake, MN
“Awesome Bakery! Fabulous Artesian Bread”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Fabulous artesian breads-5 or 6 different types baked daily and all are amazing. The deli service is efficient and offers a substantial number of choices of breads, hot and cold sandwiches and great soups, especially the wild rice(this is MN!). Rolls and muffins are monster sized and made to be shared. The cinnamon and "sticky buns" are huge, soft and buttery. The bakery and deli can be very crowded but service is usually fast. Fair prices for the quality and portion size.

Visited March 2014
Shakopee, Minnesota
“OMG Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had breakfast there and it was the best breakfast I had in forever the fritter french toast is amazing. Well worth the wait to get in. Staff was friendly and also allergy aware.

Visited July 2013
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Wow, what a surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

After passing by this place a hundred times, I finally stopped in after hearing from my co-workers how awesome this place is. On my first visit I couldn't make it past the bakery! The baked goods were delicious and SO big, almost a meal in themselves....the apple fritter, wow. My next visit, I had to shield my eyes as I walked by the bakery so I could check out the made to order sandwiches...the bread they make is heavenly, I have yet to try any other than the multigrain bread...it's that good. I purchased a loaf of their apple fritter bread (finishing the last bit of it as I type) and it's wonderful...I bet it would be delicious turned into French toast.
There is still more to check out, their soups? If I can make it past the bakery and the sandwiches I'll try more.

• Visited December 2013
Colfax, North Dakota
“New Lounge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have been stopping by this place for years. The "lounge" was always a joke of this little counter area. Within the last year or so, they have made some AMAZING improvements. Friend and I sat in the lounge, enjoyed the big screen TV's and of course the most amazing food ever.

On this trip, I had the garlic burger on a garlic bun. Wonderful! Just don't plan on kissing anyone later. Fried pickles are the best I've had in a long time. Also were super fast to the table. A gotta try is the Crabby Eggs Benedicts. Served on your choice of bread (of course baked that day on site), Covered with two huge crab cakes, two perfect eggs and of course holiandaise sauce. OMG, must try!

• Visited January 2014