“Great place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Gate Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cloquet
Golden Gate Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cloquet
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

They seemed to have remodeled since the last reviews because I see no mold in my room. Beds are comfy. The owner is the sweetest, we had a tornado watch last night and she told us we would go in her basement. Which was a relief since I have a 2.5 month old baby. I love this motel, sure its not fancy but if you're looking for fancy go to the Marriott or something.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Shelby W

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
st.cloud
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

This would be a last resort for a place to stay! The motel attendent was friendly enough but they should have paid us to stay there! We were in a crunch when we booked the three rooms at this motel. We booked it for a party of 6 bikers who just needed a place to stay for one night. The rooms were literally falling apart. Tiles falling off of the bathroom walls mold everywhere in the bathroom, celing, walls, shower, toilet, floors. I would think the state would be interested in seeing this place condemned! We had to ask for kleenexes and toilet paper, because the three rooms together couldn't fill a roll of toilet paper. There was no door mouldings around the doors, and the heater vents were falling off the wall. The light bulb in the bathroom had to be turned in and out to use it, because the pull string was broken. Needless to say, I refused to take a shower for sanitary reasons.
Like I said.... Run away!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank kat c

Travellers are raving about these Cloquet hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

The Golden Gate Motel is terrible! I hate to say that, because the owner (who lives onsite) is really nice. In fact, she gave me a refund with no hassle. What can I say: there was a hole in the bathroom ceiling, rust around the bathtub, the frame of the 30-year-old microwave was coming apart, the walls needed about three more coats of paint, the carpet had to be about 20 years old (very dirty and gross to walk on), the fridge (no little freezer) had crumbs all over the inside, the owner said the beds were "brand new" - but they were hard as a rock and very thin...as soon as I discovered that the air conditioner and brand new deadbolt lock didn't work (at midnight, two hours after I got there), I asked for a refund. The owner did say that she had all new air conditioners waiting to be installed, but that didn't help me at all. The weird thing is, it was packed! There were no other rooms available - not that I would have taken one... I went to Black Bear Casino and paid an extra $30 for a room in the tower there. Definitely worth it. I couldn't have imagined waking up in the room at Golden Gate!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!