“Great selection of foods”

Applebee's Coon Rapids
Ranked #15 of 73 Restaurants in Coon Rapids
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 July 2014

First and foremost the server was very amicable and upbeat so that was great. I find Applebee's menu very bewildering but maybe that's because I live in Europe and menus aren't this extensive over here. Anyway, I ordered steak that came with crushed potatoes and spinach. What I really liked was that the portion was actually perfect for one person. The steak was cooked very well, though it lacked taste (given the price though I could not have expected any better). What really got me though were the salty potatoes (that may just be my sharp tastebuds). And the lemonade! Is it so hard to make it from scratch? Three ingredients and you are done! Why the pre-made mixes?

I was in the mood for desert so I ordered a blondie with ice-cream that came with cream cheese frosting-sauce. Oh. My. Lord. It was so so so good! The desert is really worth coming back to the place.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Let's just say something "odd" happened in the kitchen and my husband ended up with an item in his burger that shouldn't have been there. They comped his whole meal and he was fine with it...so who am I to gripe when it was his meal.

Anyhow...there were two more of us and we had the breaded shrimp and it was great. Service was fine and the place was clean. My uncle uses a walker and there was a ramp for those purposes. Convenient location and lots of seating. We ate here on a Friday evening and didn't have to wait for seating.

Overall...we'd eat here again. "Oopsies" happen to the best of us!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Unfortunately, did not have a good dining experience to report - very average to disappointing (could have marked this experience a 2 or 3 - rounded up) ... visiting the Coon Rapids, MN area and wanted to take local family members out for an informal dinner before leaving town. Have dined at other Applebee's during our travels and usually have a pretty good experience so went to the local Applebee's. The two pasta dishes weren't exceptional ... but ok; however, the couple others at the table that ordered shrimp found it well over cooked (dark brown on the breading -looked nothing like the photo on the menu) - should have probably sent it back, but didn't... not sure if the oil too hot or in too long. I brought it to the attention of the manager when he was making the rounds 'How is the food' ... thought he'd want to know. He offered to bring me another order but we were ready to leave (plus eating half of the over cooked shrimp was enough for me and the others) ... he said they use a timer, etc so not too sure how interested he even was in the feedback even though I was pleasant. You could tell by looking at them they were w-e-l-l overcooked. Net-net ... won't be back to this restaurant on future visits and cannot recommend it either based on our disappointing experience.

1  Thank JMelq
Reviewed 13 September 2013

enjoyed the food and atmosphere of the restaurant/bar style..no complaints. Food is always good, and you know what you are getting at any Applebees.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

If you want a good deal stop in on a Monday.. $5 pitchers of beer and burgers.. good food and service.

1  Thank SweetLMF