“OK but would not go back again.”

Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Coon Rapids
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was overpriced for what we got. When we entered the hotel room it smelled musty. It was a mildew smell or could possibly have been a smoking room in the past, whatever it was, it wasn't pleasant. We cranked up the air to drive away the smell. The room was average sized, but beds were a bit hard and not as comfy as other hotels I have stayed in. Room was clean, breakfast was good and staff seemed friendly. Like I said, it t. Was an OK stay, nothing th at impressed me enough to want to go back.

• Stayed: June 2014
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Renae,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I apologize that your room was not fresh smelling. We will work with our engineering and housekeeping team to address this issue. Again thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. We hope that you do come back and see us again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We ended up at the Fairfield in Coon Rapids when my son had to play early the next morning at the National Sports center and we had not planned ahead. It was clean and convenient. As a Marriott rewards member I could get a free pass to the YMCA across the street that had a small outdoor waterpark. The location is good. It is convenient to the NSC but also close to a mall and various restaurants. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff was nice, and breakfast was quite good for that type of hotel. It was a little pricey, but since I hadn't planned ahead I didn't have much choice. I would stay there again..

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook a parking lot with lights on all night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Kate L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay on TripAdvisor! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and you found your room to be clean! Also we are glad you were able to enjoy the YMCA across the street. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Coon Rapids!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights while visiting family over Memorial Day weekend. Room was comfortable and clean but didnt have fridge or microwave - disappointing. It was next to the elevator so some noise from other occupants and elevator
itself. There was a soccer competition going on in town so there were lots of kids running up and down the hallways, screaming, until
late and in the morning. Value was pretty good but a little higher than at least one other hotel in the area. Housekeeping neglected to empty trash and ice bucket nor provide fresh towels one day. Breakfast was good and staff was very nice and accommodating. Morning manager was especially nice and friendly. Would stay here again but request room away from elevator.

• Stayed: May 2014

JLynne52,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay on TripAdvisor! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took great care of you. I do apologize for the sports teams and I will ensure my staff does a better job in room assignments and quieting down our sports teams. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Coon Rapids!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions or anything we needed. Our room was extremely clean with plenty of towels. I only wish there was an ice machine on both floors but being on 1st floor was no problem. I like how they made popcorn on Thurs. evening. I will definatly stay again. Once again a very clean maintained hotel with very friendly helpful staff.

Room Tip: there are only 2 floors of rooms so every room was easy to get to and no noise where our room was lo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Tingley2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We are so happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our housekeeping team appericates the wonderful feedback that you found everything very clean. We are also glad the staff was helpful and who doesn't love that yummy popcorn! We can't wait to see you again! Thanks!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed over one night and our location on the first floor close to the pool was perfect - found this a most comfortable hotel and just what we were expecting for the rate - the room was perfectly serviced and the bed most comfortable - the breakfast was standard but hearty with the fresh fruit being much appreciated - however, I was disappointed in not finding the container of iced water in the lobby that's a signature for this hotel brand but did appreciate the freshly-baked cookies and the bag of goodies as a Marriott Elite member - the pool was well appointed, with just the right water temp and we used it twice! - the staff were most cordial and helpful as I left my wallet in the room and didn't realize this until 100 miles later so called and returned to the lobby where the staff had safely stored it away for me - very much appreciated their professionalism.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Alexander N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad that our hotel suited your needs perfectly and that they were able to keep return your wallet! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Coon Rapids!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had to come to Coon Rapids for a medical procedure. I found Fairfield Inns and Suites to be practically next door to the clinic I needed to have the procedure done at, which was a big plus. The desk clerk Shannon said they had a special rate for medical and gave it to us. I think that is a terrific practice. When you get older you are more than likely on a fixed income and every bit of savings is helpful. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. They supplied enough pillows and more than enough towels and such. My medical procedure was a colonoscopy and if any one who has ever had one knows you spend approx. 2-4 hours on the toliet. One thing I would suggest adding to the room is a foot stool so that the guests having this procedure can prop their feet up while sitting on the comode. It gives a change from having your feet dangling for 2-4 hours it also reliefs back tension from sitting so long. The breakfast (which I didin't get to have) was also great, not just your ordinary contential breakfast. My husband said it offered more than most places and thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't wait until I can try that out for myself. I give Fairfield Inns and Suites 5 gold stars and 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

p0ps48,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! For future reference we do have handicap shower stools available upon request at the front desk which may help in the future. We hope everything went well with your procedure and that you will come and visit us again soon! Thank you again!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The staff was friendly, but it had the feel of a low end hotel. The finishings were not what I would expect for a Marriott brand. The front doors were not automatic, so you may want to consider it if needing access for a wheelchair or other assistance.

The bathroom felt dirty even though the shower curtain was brand new. The bed was comfortable and I liked the down pillows.

As far as location goes, it is not too far from a local mall and there were a couple of eating establishments nearby.

The breakfast area is, again, basic, but they provided fresh ice water all day as well as fresh popcorn each afternoon/evening.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on a higher floor if you do not have children as the rooms facing the parking...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Misses_Anderson,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff while visiting with us. They take a lot of pride in taking care of our guests. I do apologize that felt our decor and furnishings were not up to Marriott Standards and I will certainly pass along your comments to our management company. Thank you again for your review. We hope that you give our property another chance next time you are in the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coon Rapids
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids
Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Coon Rapids
Best Western PLUS Blaine at the National Sports Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview
Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest

Been to Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids? Share your experiences!