“Great Place for the money”

Quality Inn Northtown
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Coon Rapids
lesjnov4
“Great Place for the money”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This is a great place for the money sure it needs some updates but over a great place nice pool. Rooms VERY clean and the front desk staff and the GM are great will be back for sure. Close to a mall and places to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 March 2013

White crusty stained carpet, wallpaper peeling, no cover on the heater giving you a perfect view of the dusty, moldy, loud motor.
General Manager and front desk staff are not friendly nor professional. This is just the start!
My family went into the hot tub and our eyes started to water within minutes so we had to get out quickly. As we toweled off with the tiny stained scratchy pool towels, it was discovered that all of our bathing suits had faded. As an example, mine was black and now tan. When I went to speak to the front desk associate about the problem, he turned it into an opportunity to complain to ME about how tired he was and what a dumb A$& the pool guy is. I asked him to have the General Manager call me. She never did, I had to call her multiple times. She insisted that the chemical levels were OK and doubted my story even though I showed the damaged swim suits to another front desk associate at check out the next day.
This bargain “quality” hotel cost us over $200 worth of bathing suites. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Fridley, MN
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I had family come down from Fargo to celebrate my 2 nephews bday. Davon checked us in, he was polite, I brought everything to the room got situated,(completed a little cleaniness check that passed except for the lumpy pillows) got the kids ready for the pool. The group of people that were in the pool acted like they owned it. Maybe limit the amount of guest that can be in there to give other guest a chance, also in-force the rules, when it says NO drinks or food in pool area then make sure NO drinks in pool area. Other then good stay, will definitely try it again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mzindepdnt
Grand Marais, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Arrived on a Sunday night after 9 p.m. to check in using my reservation made at the Choice Hotels website 8 days in advance, non-refundable, money saving option. First told that there were no rooms in my confirmed catagory. I pushed, showing the copy of the confirming email. Then there was a room. I was given certian amount of hassle regarding payment, again had to show the email that listed it all pre-paid by credit card. So, I get to the room. Telephone is on the bedside table, no connection cord to a phone jack, then I go to use the bathroom sink and it does not drain because the plunger is jammed in down position and there is not a handle to tug on to lift it. Front desk is not too helpful and hour later there is a guy trying to open the sink and he is there until 11:30 p.m. the sink is open and he is saying he needs to go to a local store to get a phone cord. Forget it. I don't need a repair person in the room after midnight. The front desk the next morning is somewhat more willing to listen to my dissatisfaction, does try to do some cost adjusting, I wait and wait ... finally due to her frustration with the computer she forces a very cheap price into the computer and says it is reduced. I still await to see what my credit card billing actually shows. I have my doubts. This property looks good, has a regular amount of breakfast offerings, but ... my experience was the worst I have ever had at a chain hotel property. They put it all on the fact that that a local business "took" all the rooms at the last minute. Not a good explanation in my opinion.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank PMA6642
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed here two nights in August 2012. We were originally given a room that we were told was "non-smoking" on the lower floor, but the room reeked of cigarette smoke and the bedspread had at least 4-5 very visible cigarette burns in it. When I complained at the front desk, the manager, (who was smoking outside just prior) said "they are all like that" meaning the bedspread, and swore the room was non-smoking. She finally put us in a 2nd floor room. This room smelled better, but still a distinct cigarette odor from the hallways and slight smell in the room too, though not nearly as bad as downstairs. Avoid the first floor rooms. The outside card reader was broken too. The hotel did not seem old or in obvious disrepair, it just stunk of cigarettes all the way through. Both of our rooms could have been a lot cleaner too. Would never voluntarily stay there again. I have to say the beds were comfy though.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor!! It stinks!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Worflar
Coon Rapids
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Upon arrival, the guest has to walk through a cloud of smoke generated by employess smoking at the main entrance. No security, the side doors card readers are not working. My rooms deadbolt was actually broken, seemed like someone had broken into this room before. To cap it all, the non-smoking room was reeking of smoke. For the price I paid, there are many better hotels to stay at.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Raj P
Hollis, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Arrived on May 3, 2012 for three nights. My room was on the first floor (all 2nd floor rooms were booked for HS playoff teams). The room's view was to the back of a pawn shop and a late night bar. With the window looking out at bumber height, lights from cars behind the bar and pawn shop were shining in from 11PM through 3AM. It's not an easy place to sleep, especially with no locking bar on the sliding window.

The AC unit apparently flooded the carpet, as it was soaking wet out to about 3 ft from the wall. There were almost a dozen cigarette burns on the bedspread (no-smoking room!). There were ants on the floor in the bathroom. It's not a clean place to stay in.

Yep. Run down. The staff wasn't helpful in addressing the water, burns, or bugs. It's not a quality oriented hotel.

So I moved to another hotel the morning of the 4th.

Don't stay at this place.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor facing the road. Check it immediately. Leave if it's bad.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Coon Rapids
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview
Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest

Been to Quality Inn Northtown? Share your experiences!