“" Great Place To Stay!"”

Quality Inn Northtown
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Coon Rapids
Reviewed 30 December 2009

Our stay at this well kept hotel was very enjoyable. The decor is pleasant and modern.
So close to most anything anyone would like to do or see for that matter. Hot tub, pool,laundry room, free paper, healthy breakfast with HD Tv. Coffee and Tea during regular hours. And The Hotel Is Pet Friendly! The staff professional and courteous. Restaurants and bar within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cyria

Reviewed 22 April 2009

The price was right, and they had enough room for two hockey teams, their families and fans. The rooms were 'clean' and standard for a 2 star hotel. The breakfast area was crowded, their extended continental was minimal, but had waffles.
One young lady (Stephanie) seemed to be doing everything. She was very nice, polite and acommodating. Other staff at the front desk seemed lost and 2 unkept-looking men walked around acting like managers. The pool is very small, and over-chorinated.
If I have to say something nice...the beds were very comfortable, and the rooms were quiet. IHOP is across the parking lot, and a great bar called the Well was within a 2 minute walk (great food).
The showers were always lukewarm.
The Country Inn down the road was not any better when we stayed there last year. I guess it is just the kind of hotel in the area.

• Stayed: April 2009
2  Thank canuck_02
Reviewed 3 February 2009

I checked into the first room to find the room freezing. (It's 7 degrees F in Coon Rapids.) The heat hardly blew out any air, let alone heat. I went back and had the clerk to give me a second room and it was ice cold also. The clerk said that business was slow and they had turned the heat off. I booked last week so they knew I was coming so that was an unacceptable excuse.
I called the Choice Hotels complaint line and was told that the hotel is independently owned and there's nothing they could do.
It would seem to me if a Quality Inn hotel is under the Choice hotels umbrella that they should have some sort of control over a hotel with their product name on it. I've had the heater on for over an hour tonite and I still have to keep my coat on to stay warm.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2007

I booked a two day stay and two rooms. The room I was staying in smelled of some sort of spray to cover up an odor. The room was dusty, I had requested a microwave and refrigerator combination. They said there would be a ten dollar charge each day for it. When we arrived, there was no microwave and refrigerator unit in the room. I called the front desk and they said they would bring one up to the room. He said it would take about twenty minutes for it to cool down. After an hour or so, we checked it and it was still not cooling down. We then checked to see if it was plugged in and he didn't even plug it in. It took another three hours for it to cool down, once we connected it up. In the mean time, we had to keep my husband's medications on ice because they need to be keep cold.
Now for the second room. That was worse yet. When you walked into the room, you could smell cat spray and urine, I recognized the odor right away because we have a cat that we as travelers, left in the care of someone else, which the last person who rented that room should have done!!! I went down to the front desk and reported the odor in the room. He said that housekeeping was the one taking care of the cleaning of the rooms. I told him that wasn't my problem, but it was the hotels problem. I asked him how they could rent a room that smelled of cat spray and urine? Again he said that it was housekeepings problem. I told him, "No, it's your problem now. What are you going to do about it?" He sat at the computer for awhile and said that he had another room on the first floor but not on the second. This was fine. The other party traveling with us moved to the other room.
Now for the other room. When we made reservations and requested a room on the first floor, I was told that there was one king room available for Wednesday night but not for Thursday night, which meant that we would have to move to another room. This didn't appeal to us, so we took the room on the second floor. Well, now the other traveler with us was now in that room. Interesting huh!!?? He had a good night sleep on Wednesday night. Now Thursday night rolls around. He went to bed and at 3:00 AM he wakes up to someone else coming into his room! It scared him half to death as well as the person walking into an occupied room, which they had reserved in the first place. This involved a party of four. They were given the room next door. They were still partying from where ever they came from. The walls were so thin that you could hear everything going on for the next two hours. He didn't think it would ever stop. When we checked out, he was being charged for the king room which was more expensive than the room that was orginally reserved. So I called the front desk to question this situation. I told them that the first room that was given to our party was filled with the odor of a cat being there. He said he would see what he could do about it. After awhile he said that he would give a fifteen dollar discount for the two night stay. Then asked why someone else was allowed to enter the room. He said that even though our room was changed, it never was changed on the computer, so when the other travelers arrived, they were given the key to the room they had reserved. Talk about ignorance is bliss and they were in a world of happiness!!
So if you are traveling to Coon Rapids, MN, I would think twice, no three times before staying and Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank SusieR39
Reviewed 12 July 2007

We stayed at the hotel for 4 days. I’ve stayed there before a few years ago. I decided to give it one more try and to my assessments I the front desk clerk was very helpful. He helped me from checking me in right away, to helping me carry my luggage up stairs. I even go the best directions to where I was going. Out standing customer service there. My room had a brand new bed and brand new furniture in it. I was talking to the front desk clerk about their hotel and they are supposed to be getting new carpet, beds and furniture for every room. I’ll be staying there every time I come to the Minneapolis area. Nice rooms at a good price I do say.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Redspyder526
A TripAdvisor Member
Oskaloosa, Iowa
Reviewed 18 October 2004

We found this hotel lacking in every aspect. The desk clerk was too busy on the phone to check us in for almost 15 minutes. I would have left then but they had my credit card number. Next we found our room filthy. The lights and dresser trim, etc. was horribly dirty. The carpet was so worn and stretched, there were ripples large enough to trip over. Then not even a clock in the room. When I called the front desk no answer! We opened the window to air out the room, big mistake. There were piles of doggie doo doo all over outside our window. On our second day, the used supplies were not replaced. Then when they charged my credit card, they charged an extra $20 that was not on the bill or authorized. NEVER again!

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coon Rapids
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Coon Rapids
Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel
Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids
Best Western PLUS Blaine at the National Sports Center
Super 8 Blaine/Mpls/St. Paul Area

Been to Quality Inn Northtown? Share your experiences!