“Nice place”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Coon Rapids
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Coon Rapids
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Nice place. Friendly staff. Had a great breakfast of eggs, sausage ,toast, cereal. Comfortable room, nice and clean, well appointed. Absolutely no problems. This was a company provided location, and exceeded expectations.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce F
Shuja2005, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thank you Bruce for your great review! We love to hear positive feedback from our guests and will definitely be forwarding your comments to my staff. We hope to see you again!

Shuja Ahmed

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We reserved (by means of the 1-800 number for Americinn) a room with a king bed, whirlpool, and sofa sleeper. We arrived and checked in. We found our room and there was no sofa sleeper. I called the front desk and all that they said was that there was no sofa sleeper for our room type. No offer to change our reservation or room type. The king bed was dirty and gross-with bugs and a stained and very uncomfortable mattress. We stripped the bedding and left it by the door with hopes that the cleaning staff would see the poor condition of the mattress and address it for future guests. We will never stay at this Americinn again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for your review Kyle! I am truly sorry about the stay you had with us here at the AmericInn Lodge and Suites of Coon Rapids. We definitely try to strive for over and beyond for our guests that stay with us and have not met your expectations. I don't apologize on the confusion on your reservation. The night that you were checking in we were completely sold out of all room types which is why my front desk wasn't able to offer you a room change.

Our property has gone threw a brand new Remodel later last year that includes brand new mattresses and bedding. Now I will be bring up all your comments to our housekeepers but we have never had any issues of bed bugs or really any incident in the past.

Again i apologies for your stay we hope you can give us a second chance and see you again!

Shuja Ahmed

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family and I were relocating across the country, and when we made reservations at this particular hotel it stated it had RV parking, it in fact DOES NOT. Other than that, the overall stay was great.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

The value of the property is great. Food times are limited. We had a drain in our tub that didn't drain correctly. We let them know but they didn't resolve it, and ended up with 6 inches of standing water. Told them about it and they said they would correct it. Never got corrected.
There is strong scents of smoke through halls and even in our room.
They say no pets allowed however dogs were barking in rooms.
I wouldn't trust that your room hadn't had pets in it.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great rooms & local restaurants within walking distance (broadway pizza was phenomenal. Only problem was the pre-billing of my cc after changing my reservations which lead to additional charging of my cc which I was assured would be off my cc statement within 72 hours.... That's ridiculous to even have to deal with.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Even though my reservation was paid for in advance through Expedia, AmericInn still Charged 10.00 dollars to my credit card for no reason. I would also agree with some of the other reviewers that the front desk staff seemed very disinterested in serving the guests. Also, the breakfast was a joke. Everything was stale, including the air in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CletusMaximus
Shuja2005, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your review and do apologize the experience with your stay you had with us. Now with Expedia reservations are prepaid that is correct, you didn't get charged $10.00 its an Authorization charge that goes threw with everyone that check-ins our hotel, we do have a signage stating that as well as on Expedias website regarding these Authorizations. Now being an authorization it will go back on your card with-in 2-3 business days. We do strive on our customer service and of course our breakfast, and ill make sure in future that our guests expectations are met!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My daughter and I came to the area for her to attend a basketball camp. We were very pleased with this AmericInn. The staff was friendly, provided me with a number for a locksmith and it was a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonya J

Jim,
Thank you for your great review! Ill will be sharing your comments with our staff! Thank you for your stay! Hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coon Rapids
#1 of 1 in Ramsey
Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids
Best Western PLUS Blaine at the National Sports Center
Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Coon Rapids? Share your experiences!