“Stay Here Its Nice”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cottage Grove
Monticello, Minnesota
“Stay Here Its Nice”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

All the things I love in a hotel. Great staff, clean rooms, clean public areas and pool. The pool has a nice Hot hot tub. Breakfast is free hot and good. Beds and linens are clean, no weird stains, and they smell nice too. Applebee's across the parking lot if you like Applebee's. I do not. The only thing negative I can say about this place is the shower head in my room is a cheep crappy plastic type. Love staying here was here last year and happy to be here again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Otsego, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed here with a couple of friends for a friend's wedding. The hotel was fine, not spectacular, not bad. The rooms were nice enough and seemed decently clean. Applebee's literally shares a parking lot with the hotel, which proved convenient to walk to for mine and my friend's husbands while we were away and involved with the wedding festivities.

The staff was nice. My friend and I arrived and checked in before our husbands and had to leave for a groom's dinner before they were able there. The front desk staff was nice enough to arrange so that our husbands could get in the room, even though we weren't there.

We didn't spend much time in the room other than to sleep, as we were in the wedding party and were out and about most of the weekend. The beds were pretty nice.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Clean rooms. There are a few restaurants near by-Applebee's and Subway from what I can remember. Good selection of breakfast items. Decent sized pool. Overall I good experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for almost 2 MONTHS while working at the Prairie Island nuke plant. It's a cozy place with a restaurant right accross the parking lot. The place is clean and well kept, but the staff was exceptional! They would go out of their way to make sure I was comfy and happy. I worked night shift and had to sleep during the day. No problem for them to work around my schedule. Free movies and a fantastic breakfast made this place a great deal and quite comfortable for a very long stay. Booking it again for this fall for another 2 month stay!

• Stayed October 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 June 2013

If you are visiting in Hasting then this is your only option as far as a good clean and value motel. It is only 5 miles from Hastings. We found everything to be much better than the average motel chain.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My husband and I came for memorial in Hastings and found this hotel to be conveniently located. We stayed 5/11-5/16 in a one bedroom suite on 2nd floor. We found staff to be friendly and room to be spacious and clean. The only downside was the noise level and I didn't find the free breakfast as good as other similar priced hotels (although I was happy they had the belgium waffle maker). I was also happy to find that I could rent a DVD player and they had movies available and Redbox machine down the street at Cub Foods. Also I liked they had a restaurant in same parking lot; was convenient as well. I would give top star rating except for the noise level which is difficult if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: request room on top floor facing back for less noise and streetlight coming in window
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Peekskill, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We enjoyed our cozy stay here! There's an Applebee's right in the parking lot (smart business move), which was great for us because we were too exhausted by the end of our work/training day sometimes that it was cool to just walk across the parking lot to eat quickly. Rooms are clean, quiet, warm, ... good all around. OH and the complimentary breakfast every morning was the best part!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
RBade, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cottage Grove, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your hotel stay! I appreciate hearing about our breakfast as well as our location. We look forward to your next stay.

Renee - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottage Grove
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Red Wing
Best Western Plus Campus Inn
Best Western Plus Campus Inn
#1 of 5 in River Falls
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Inver Grove Heights/Minneapolis
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in Inver Grove Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
Envision Hotel St. Paul South
Envision Hotel St. Paul South
#1 of 1 in South Saint Paul
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Inver Grove Heights
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Inver G...
#3 of 3 in Inver Grove Heights

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cottage Grove? Share your experiences!