“busy weekend in August”

Crookston Inn and Convention Center
Crookston Inn and Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Crookston
Reviewed 25 September 2013

O.K. for the price, bar and the restaurant is good, Barbecue ribs are excellent also the fried stuffed pickles, location is good, they are improved a lot in the last year.Staff should be better trained, they gave us two rooms in different floors far away from each other. They changed more for one night what i had on my reservation, they credited back and they did not question my complaint at checkout.

Room Tip: room not looking into the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Crookston Inn and Convention Center

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Crookston Inn after arriving very early one morning. The staff was very helpful in helping me find a church to attend. The lobby looks as if it has recently been renovated - open ceilings and lovely furniture. Very good price for the night as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was an overall bad experience. The desk clerk gave another couple the same room key as us and they walked in while we were there. It was an awkward situation for everyone involved! Unbeknownst to us, our room keys were then deactivated and we couldn't get back into the room. The clerk was insincere in her apology. Also, the whole hotel wreaked of diesel fuel from all the construction workers who were and had been staying there. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin G
ZagsFan2, Manager at Crookston Inn and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Hi Erin,

I would like to start off by saying "Thank you" for choosing our hotel on your visit to the Crookston area. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post a comment about your stay. We are continually striving to improve the property for our future guests and your insight helps in identifying some of these areas.

I would like to apologize for the mishap at the front desk. Our front desk staff made an error in checking in you and another guest. We certainly want our guests to feel safe and secure upon entering their rooms, so we have readdressed the need for accuracy from our front desk staff, even if that means sacrificing speed. Our front desk prides themselves on understanding the guest needs, through listening thoroughly to the concerns and acknowledging the issues. We have addressed these standards as well with them, so that it will not affect future guests. As for the diesel smell, we researched the issue because we can certainly understand your concern and we want to make sure that element of comfort is met. What we found out was we recently had changed the shower curtains and the new smell of the curtains was filtering out throughout the room. We addressed the issue and the smell should not be apparent in any of our rooms.

Again, thank you for everything and we hope you will give us another chance to earn your loyalty when you are in the Crookston area.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My brother and I strayed at the Crookston Inn while researching family history recently. The building does not appear to be new but it seems to have been remodeled recently. The room was quiet except that for a few minutes, some noise from the couple next door came through the walls, but that did not last long. There appeared to be a restaurant of sorts in the building but it looked mainly like a pool hall / bar and was not inviting so we did not eat there. The double room we had was certainly adequate with a wonderful surprise: The beds were about the best that either my brother or I had ever slept on! I usually do not sleep well in a new place but this was the exception - I awoke well rested. Check in and out was efficient. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My wife and I recently spent 6 nights at the Crookston Inn dealing with family issues in town. The staff is friendly and efficent, the rooms were clean with new carpet and repainted walls, large flat screen TV; the resturant was good as well with three meals a day being offered.
If you want value and a clean place to stay the Crookston Inn is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stopped at the Crookston Inn when passing through Crookston late in the afternoon. Very friendly staff at the desk. The pool area was closed due to some repairs/upkeep but it looked like a very nice area. The price was great but you need to have your own shampoo as it is not provided. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I am sharing this review after staying here the previous week and the beginning of my second week. I am rating this "Very Good" based on Price and experience with staff and "my" needs.

I am here in Crookston doing some work and was staying here due to rooms not available at another local Hotel.

I would rate the staff 5 out of 5. They were very helpful and knowledgeable. I was able to get some details of this location.

It is under new management and they are working on getting things up to par here. Rooms are being updated. They have been replacing beds, carpet, paint and general fix up. I will say that the room I am in this week is definitely better than the one I had last week.

Give them time and the improvements will attract more people. The previous management ran this place into the ground with bad maintenance and management. Don't judge it from the past. Look at what they are doing today to make it better for the Community of Crookston.

It is a work in progress.....kudos to the new management for taking the task of updating this location.

It is a couple minute drive from the University of Minnesota Crookston campus.

I am paying $65 a night. A great deal for what I have. A clean room, clean bath room, LARGE Television - 42 inch(one of the largest I have had in any hotel stay), very comfortable beds. The rooms aren't perfect, but come on...you are paying "Hilton" prices.

They do not have a continental breakfast, but they do have complimentary coffee in the morning. They do have restaurant that you can get breakfast at in the morning. I have not used this facility and can not rate at this time. They also have a Bar located on site and I have seen people coming and going from here.

The internet connection here is VERY fast. The fastest I have had at any location from where I have stayed, which it a HUGE thing for me and the work I do. Download speed was 56Mb from speedtest.net using wireless. Coverage is great from the room I am in.

All rooms have a small microwave and small refrigerator.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding my review.

Room Tip: Ask for the updated rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crookston
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Crookston - U of M Crookston
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Crookston, MN
Fairfield Inn & Suites East Grand Forks
Fairfield Inn & Suites East Gran...
#1 of 4 in East Grand Forks
No photo provided
Chateau Motel
#1 of 1 in Red Lake Falls

Been to Crookston Inn and Convention Center? Share your experiences!