“Be a Viking for the weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crosby
Nordic Inn Medieval Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Crosby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary at the Nordic Inn this past weekend. We had a blast! The host is great; it was a lot of fun sitting around the lounge and joking (and drinking) with the other guests. The food (both the evening meal and breakfast) was fantastic. Huge portions, incredibly tasty.

This is not your typical B&B. When you arrive, there are costumes to put on. The decor ranges from historical to wacky. Table utensils consist of forged daggers, and eating with one's hands is encouraged. Our bed was in a Viking ship! We also had a big jacuzzi hot tub in our enormous private bath (we stayed in "Oden's Loft"). The town of Crosby has antique malls all along Main Street, for some interesting shopping. Overall I highly recommend the Nordic Inn for couples looking for something a little (or a lot) different. Skol!

Room Tip: Oden's Loft is the best room IMO. It's not completely private (the Viking ship, where you s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 932Anna_W
There are newer reviews for Nordic Inn Medieval Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 1 October 2012

My boyfriend & I stayed at the inn for my birthday. What a fun & unique experience!! The inn was set up SO amazing. Very beautiful!! The food portions were huge & very plentiful. It was fun to eat using viking utensils! My boyfriend & I are quiet people, but we love to laugh. So, the Viking made our stay incredibly enjoyable! The Viking was very respectful & not rude at all. I am an extremely sensitive woman, & I was not offended once. You just need to go there with a sense of humor & an open mind. We defiantly want to go back!!! :-) Kyle & Rachel

Room Tip: My boyfriend & I stayed in Odins loft. We loved it! Very romantic! The bed overlooks the inn...
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The B&B was OK- food good, staff strange. Owner was a bit arrogant did not seem to care too much about his customers. The Inn could use a good cleaning- showing its age in many areas. Entrance (yard area) very dirty, Plumbing in room not working properly.We did have a fun time with the other guests- many laughs. He did serve good beers.

Room Tip: There all OK- locker room would be my choice next time (if there was a next time).
2  Thank RJLEE56
Reviewed 24 September 2012

First the good: the food, decor, booze selection. Now the bad. The innkeeper was incredibly mean. As an inter-racial couple, my partner and I were terribly offended by his racist humor. He made fun of people with cancer and with mental illness, even after I let him know I didn't like it. He made homophobic comments. He was disrespectful of a group of older women who were there with us at the time, having power struggles when they were not interested in his lame show . He made fun of people for their religious beliefs. He runs this inn for his own fantasy and fun. He is upfront about not caring about the guest. We were not given a list of itemized charges at checkout and he was not there to explain charges. For all the talk about "big business" he was sure quick to get his money out of us. For all the disrespect for regulations, he sure had a lot of rules.The show was lame. I made better skits as a kid at camp. Not worth the money. The floor was coming loose in our room. The bath tub was dirty. The bath tub handles fell off. Avoid.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank M H
Steinarr, Owner at Nordic Inn Medieval Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

I normally do not respond to reviews as reviews normally speak for themselves. However this review needs a response. First off we held up the show for this couple so they could join us. They were not here for preliminaries with me getting people used to the humor that entails. Second the ladies that he said that I was disrespectful to sent me an e-mail telling me how much fun they had. Third if your coming to a medieval brew and bed, with the crazy viking as in innkeeper and you can kill other guests and take all their possession but their Kronar and can sleep in a Viking longship suspended over the great room and I answer the phone Nordic Inn Crazy Viking what can I do to ya. when do you get a hint that its not politically correct. By making fun of everyone we make fun of no one. People who take life too serious generally do not like my place. Then again I made a place that pushes the edge a bit and thats how I create memories for those willing to have fun. Also to say I am racist is almost laughable I was part of an interracial couple my son is of mixed race.

The real reason he was upset was because he was presented with charges without knowing the details. I can understand how that would upset one. I did everyone else's bill the night before as I had to go to a Vikings game the next morning and would not be there for the breakfast. They retired early so I could not do their bill. I left it to my staff in training. They were warned to go over the bill with guests before charging them. They failed so I failed in that respect. The rest is really not true but once one is upset they are upset about everything.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

This was one of the best places I have ever stayed. Nothing like having a great beer and drinking out of a horn. Sharing the experience with a great viking. The food was excellent and you had to eat it with a big old knife. The viking made it a memorable stay. Thor, the great dane was as gentle as they come. We left with a couple Kronar in our pockets and a cool looking helmet to drink beer in my horn down the road. We are now trying to set up a group to go in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We drove out of our way to stay at the Nordic Inn Medieval Bed and Breakfast and it was absolutely worth it. It's a Viking Inn. Run by a Viking. You get to sleep in a (faux) Viking boat. The Viking is utterly charming. He cooks you a Viking meal. You eat with Viking flatware. He tries to get you drunk. You get to buy a Viking helmet and shoes. The kids go wild because it's a... freakin'... Viking!
If you get it, you get it. The place is clean, the service is delightful. It is not an outrageously priced place so drive the extra miles to go here. Take lots of pictures. It will make your vacation unforgettable.

Room Tip: Any room is good, but the one up top that is in the boat is the best.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2012

If you're looking for something different and fun you will have a great time like we did! If you don't like trying new things or having fun, stay home.

Julie Wagner, Moorhead, MN

Room Tip: Each room is very different including size, theme and several have hot tubs. The site shows the room...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crosby
Country Inn Deerwood
Country Inn Deerwood
#3 of 3 in Deerwood
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area
Days Inn & Suites Baxter Brainerd Area

Been to Nordic Inn Medieval Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!