“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Crosslake
Shakopee
“Great Place to Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

My husband and I just spent 5 days (mid-June) at this beautiful, very quiet hotel. Having booked the room several months in advance and we had no problems upon arriving to the hotel and checking in. We arrived a few hours early, our room was ready and we were allowed to check in. We stayed on the 1st floor and were not bothered by noises coming from other rooms, only the loudness of the evening frogs and an occasional loon calling that came through our open window were the only noises we encountered. Our room was very clean, no bugs! We had a good size frig, microwave, coffeemaker, etc. Very comfortable. The tub facet dripped a bit but we just needed to turned it off really hard, no problem for us. The bathroom amenities included; shampoo/conditioner all in one, hand lotion and small bar soap. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub are wonderful, the hot tub is probably the hottest I have ever experienced - felt good but I need to limit my time. The restaurant is GREAT and reasonably priced, it closed at 8:00 pm so don't go late! Shopping right out the front door - gifts, clothing, books! We very much enjoy our stay and felt it was reasonably priced. We really love "up north" and like going to different places, but we very well could return here!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Cindy G
PPLodgeCrosslake, Guest Relations Manager at Pine Peaks Lodge and Suites, responded to this review, 29 July 2016
Thank you so much for your kind response! We are glad you had such a great trip up here. We like to have our rooms all cleaned right away after people checkout to make sure we can accomodate the early arrivals and get everyone settled in. We have updated quite a few things such as the TVs since this stay and would love for you to come back and see all the improvements!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We spent 2 nights here in August 2011 and I must say I had higher expectations. We look forward to a nice hot tub soak after a day of bike riding but the hot tub was too cold to enjoy. The beds in our queen room were not comfortable. We did enjoy the location and the look of the property but would probably not return. The price was rather high for the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank RansRider
Roseville, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

I called to book a room for a wedding block and the block was full as well as the hotel, so I asked if I could be put on a waiting list. I was called within a week asking if I was still interest in having a stay at the lodge. I was so stoked and gave all my information to the lady right away including my email, credit card info, address, phone. I immediately received an email with a clear confirmation of my check in date, check out date, amount of room and explanation of room I had reserved. Time had passed and it was my check in date yay! I called to see if I could check in early and they said,"you dont have a reservation." I hung up to check my email to find they spelt my last name wrong, so I felt there still was hope. I gave the man on the phone Luke my confirmation number and the spelling they used for my last name and he still said, "You dont have a room." I asked to talk to someone else and he said," You are already talking with the manager." To make a long story shorter they didnt do anything to combensate for what they put me threw and for what I never got. Totally upset after driving hundreds of miles away. The least they could have done was given me a discounted stay for the future.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank kristinakallio
Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

The hotel offers rooms for pets, has a small pool & hot tub (but not over-chlorinated), has a beautiful lobby, fireplace and kitchenette in the suites, free voucher for breakfast at the neighboring restaurant. Our stay was COMPLETELY QUIET despite all the rooms around us being occupied. The exhaust vent in the bathroom basically didn't work and the tub was clogged but after mentioning the tub to front desk it got fixed. The fold-out couch was really comfortable to sleep on but the king-sized bed wasn't so much. The hotel is only 6 years old so everything is nice and new.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank MoBeaux
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

For the most part, our room was ok. With a recession discount of $79 a night (you have to ask for it) we got what we expected. Two queens, fresh towels daily, TV with a limited cable hookup. We had to ask for a bar of soap every day which was weird and there were no little bathroom amenities - asked for a shower cap at the reception desk but there were none. Breakfast was good. It's at the nearby restaurant and a step up from the waffle/yogurt you usually get in a hotel breakfast room.

But...what thin walls this place has!!!! We were there for three nights and the first two we just waited for the herd of children staying above us to quiet about 10:30 - 11 PM. On the third night they just kept going. And going. (I travel with ear plugs but the family was so noisy they did little good.) We asked the receptionist to speak to them but nothing changed. Just stompstompstomp till the wee hours. The loud TV in the next room just made matters worse.

We have stayed at the Whitefish Lodge down the road and it is a huge jump up in quality. While in town, we found out they were running a special too ($89/nt) so we could have done much better. And we will stay there in the future.

Be aware too that semis can be parked at the gas station on the same lot as the Pine Peaks and run for a long time.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank travelbug356
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

We stayed here for a family reunion long weekend. Other family members stayed at other lodges/condos in the area. Our stay was fabulous and the breakfast that was included was the best when compared to our other family's accomodations! Their restaraunt makes fabulous breakfast with generous portions!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank LoneStarBartons
Burnsville, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2009

All the amenities in a clean well run facility. 2 Room Suite included a hot breakfast in the adjacent restaurant which was equally clean and inviting. While this is a newer facility, it has been designed to feel "rustic". Convenient to nearby Army Corp Park, Golf course and specialty shops in the nearby Crosslake village. Also accommodate small pets up to 20 lbs.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank TJFogelberg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crosslake
Whitefish Lodge and Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 2 in Pine River

Been to Pine Peaks Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!