“True home cooking”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Methil
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a Cafe Bistro opened in 2012, in Wellesley Road Methil Fife Scotland. We seat 30 and have additional outdoor seating for the warmer months. We pride ourselves on cooking only the freshest local food. We are open 7days a week.
fife
“True home cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Good food, well presented, and pleasantly served in a warm and comfortable atmosphere. None of your precooked microwave meals here, just freshly cooked Scottish food. Ice cream is also a must as it is supplied by the award winning Stuart Tower Dairy.

• Visited September 2013
DavidC1972leven, Owner at Crichton's Kitchen, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
It's always a pleasure to read 5 * reviews on Crichton's Kitchen.
So thank you very much for giving us a review, and I will gladly pass it on to the staff.
It's great to see that you have recognised that we don't do microwaved meals, as this is something iv always believed in.
I hope to see you again in the cafe soon.
Much obliged

Glasgow
“We stumbled upon a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Looking for lunch and found the best. Dropped in expecting the usual cafe type food. Surprise, surprise!! Friendly service, spotlessly clean, great music and the just best fish and chips. Very interesting and comprehensive menu. Wish we stayed closer. Definitely be back if in the area. Thanks Crichton's.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tonipaliachi
DavidC1972leven, Owner at Crichton's Kitchen, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thanks very much for your excellent review, I'm over the moon that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to Crichton's kitchen.
Glad to hear you enjoyed visiting Fife, and seeing Leuchars air show.
And we welcome you and your wife back anytime you decide to return. Thanks once again.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Well run and organised sit down and fast food service. These guys also deliver. The quality is to a very good standard and is well worth a visit.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Stuart139Craft
DavidC1972leven, Owner at Crichton's Kitchen, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Well it does cheer me up to see someone has rated us favourably on tripadvisor.
The food industry is a hard business to be in, and sometimes I ask myself why did I decide to build a bistro?
Then comments like yours answers my momentary doubts.
I will endeavour to keep our standard and quality high, and the next time you are in, be sure to introduce yourself.
Thanks once again.
David
East Wemyss, United Kingdom
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

the food is a class above the rest. no one tastes or makes it better. may pay slightly more but is worth every penny in my opinion. available for home delivery just tops it off perfectly as I have 4 kids and frees up time

• Visited September 2013
Hi there, thank you so much for reviewing us, and for giving us top marks, I will look forward to passing this on to my staff in the morning.
We cook everything from scratch, using fresh local produce and ingredients, and I believe people appreciate the effort myself and my staff put into every dish.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.
David
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Good quality food and staff that are very helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Seen it listed on Trip Advisor and seeing as my wife was away I thought I would give it a try for lunch. A reasonable menu to choose from, with all the usual favorites for Scotland. Fish & Chips, Steak Pie, Macaroni etc.as well as a few others. Also a good choice of starters.The portions were reasonable, felt a bit let down with the usual salad with everything as I don't like salad, I always feel people should ask, as I don't like to see food go to waste. The staff were very helpful and the food was all cooked fresh and served hot. I would visit again.

• Visited August 2013
DavidC1972leven, Owner at Crichton's Kitchen, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Hi there, thank you for making a point of visiting us after reading some reviews on us.
I'm glad you did, and glad we didn't disappoint. We have taken your comments on board about the salad. As I don't like any waste either, so we will have a think about what to put in its place.
Please do come back again, next time bring your wife and let us know what she thinks.