“Greedy Money Grabbers!!!!”

Mini Monsterz
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Eastfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mini Monsterz is a children's Indoor play area for 0-16 year olds. We also have a pottery painting studio, electric go karts, laser tag and customer cafe.
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Greedy Money Grabbers!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

I visited mini monsterz with my friend and two young children, I was charged £12.50, no free juice for the kids, that's just purely for them to run around on the equipment- which is nothing special. I had a look at the menu and was disgusted at the prices!!! I saw some of the childrens meals being served and for the money they're charging its not worth it. So I went and bought some drinks from the counter - I had no choice really, I couldn't leave and buy anything cheaper as there is a sign on the menu saying "eating or drinking your own products would lead to being asked to leave and not receiving a refund". I asked for two tap waters but was told I couldn't have that as I had to buy bottles. I bought two bananas for over a pound that were both smaller than my hand!!!
Seriously Greedy people. Will not be visiting again.....

Visited October 2013
Andrew P, Public Relations Manager at Mini Monsterz, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your review. You’re exactly right! Like all Play Centres around the UK (and probably in other countries as well), we do charge for use the of the play equipment. The climbing frame is actually extremely large with a lot of thought and effort having gone into its design and manufacture.
We do have different sized meals in the children’s section, so unfortunately, without having ordered food yourself, I am unable to respond to these comments on portion size. However, I can reassure you that all of our meals are large portions for the age categories and we have received numerous compliments over the portion size and quality of the food we offer.
Once again, in line with all other Soft play centres across the UK we do not allow people to bring in their own food and drink and our admission prices reflect this. You may find that only higher priced attractions allow picnics to be consumed on site. We also offer unlimited play time, which means that we are unable to provide free drinks throughout your stay. This would not be financially viable, and like all other businesses, it is very important that we break even and cover our costs in order for us to function. We do offer a variety of food and drinks options suitable for all budgets and starting from as little as 50p. Our fruit is priced at 50p per item and is regular fruit size.
I do hope we are able to welcome you back to Mini Monsterz again in the future.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thoroughly enjoyed it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I recently visited this place with my little nieces and they absolutely loved it. It was very clean, the frame is obviously new and the food was really good value for money. We stayed for most of the day. Staff were really friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed it!

1 Thank Deborah S
Andrew P, Public Relations Manager at Mini Monsterz, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review. It is very much appreciated that you took the time to write such lovely comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed your Mini Monsterz experience and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Alright”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Decided to treat our little boy and his friend to a visit here while we were on holiday. On entry it looked clean and tidy and not overly busy. We were charged £12.50 to get in which we thought was a bit steep, we were even more shocked when we discovered that they charge £1 per adult for the pleasure of sitting in there watching their child! Now this is disgusting as you HAVE to buy their food and drink, so you are spending more besides the entry fee anyway, surely we shouldn't have to pay just to sit there?? There were 2 members of staff on duty, both were very pleasant so no complaints there, One thing i did notice was that they were busy cleaning tables and toilets and were not always available to man the front desk or the cafe, really there needs to be someone on there at all times as people seemed to be waiting a long time to get drinks or even leave the place. The boys enjoyed themselves but i wouldn't rush back.

1 Thank DMFAN2
Thank you for your review. Our entry price is £5.25 per child and we do charge adults £1 to enter. We also allow adults in the frame and have had it specifically built to allow for this , as well as making sure we pay a much higher premium on our insurance to enable adults in the frame. We offer a fully heated/air conditioned building for the comfort of the supervising adults, free parking, free wifi access and free newspapers and magazines to read. We believe our entry prices reflect the high quality of service and facility we provide. However, we also believe we offer good value for money, with many other child-oriented attractions, e.g. farm parks, cinemas (to watch a children’s movie) and places like Legoland, charging much higher admission prices than £1.
During quieter times the reception desk isn’t constantly supervised, but all team members are continuously checking to make sure that customers are attended to as fast as possible. We are however, in the process of moving the reception area, so this shouldn’t be a concern of yours on any future visits. Drinks are served at the counter, so perhaps this is why people were waiting for a little while.
I am delighted the boys enjoyed their visit. After all, that is what we are here for, for the children to have fun! I hope we are able to welcome you back to Mini Monsterz again in the future.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Too expensive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Bring back Little hoppers!
This place since it changed from Little hoppers to Mini monsters has gone from reasonably priced to over the top! I took my 2 kids there one rainy afternoon and in less than 2 hrs, I had spent £25!! I had only bought a drink and a packet of sweets each! They have little electric cars which they charge for too. And why exactly do adults have to pay??? To hire a chair??! I spend less when I take the kids to the beach and that includes going in the arcades!
Save your money, its better off spent elsewhere.. I for one am avoiding this place.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank PhilRud
Andrew P, Public Relations Manager at Mini Monsterz, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your review! Not really sure where to start with a reply to this one! Yes, Mini Monsterz did take over the building that Little Hoppers used to run from. However, the entire play frame was completely ripped out and replaced with a bigger, better, safer and cleaner one. Yes, the entry price did increase, by 50p per child. A small amount extra to pay, for what we believe to be a much better facility.
We do offer a variety of food and drinks options suitable for all budgets and starting from as little as 50p. I do find it difficult to believe that you spent £25 on such small purchases, but if you’d like to tell me what you bought I am sure I could provide prices for everything.
We do charge £1 for use of the cars. This is because there are only 4 of them and this allows fair usage between customers and also helps towards the additional running costs that these incur.
Yes, we do charge adults £1 to enter. We also allow adults in the frame and have had it specifically built to allow for this , as well as making sure we pay a much higher premium on our insurance to enable adults in the frame. We offer a fully heated/air conditioned building for the comfort of the supervising adults, free parking, free wifi access and free newspapers and magazines to read.
We hope we are able to welcome you back again to Mini Monsterz in the future.
scarborough
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Disgraceful service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

After booking my sons party at least 6 mths ago it finally came round. I had booked for 19 children which cost me near enough £210 10.95 a head ( last year as little hoppers it was £6.95 per head) . Parents being parents just want the kids to have a good time. On arriving we were told where our tables were. All the children arrived and went to play. After 30 min or so a few were hot and tired and still no juice so I had to ask for it expecting a jug and cups as at previous party's. After asking about 10 mins later 19 cups of juice arrived(where is the jug) all really full so 5 year old children would defo spill. So we went and asked for straws to be counted out 10(we had 19 children) so I went and asked for some more to be told the older kids could drink from the cup. Reluctantly I was counted out the remaining straws! 10 mins later a mum had told me her little boy was allergic to juice and asked for a cup of tap water to be be told she would have to take back a cup of juice in exchange for the water!! U can imagine I was fuming. I had paid £210 for a party to be treated in this way. You also have to take your own napkins to rap the cake! I am disgusted with how us and our party were treated. I know I
will not be returning and I made it very clear to all the parents who were there what had happened!!

5 Thank diddlydom
Thank you for your review. We do have a range of party options available ranging from as little as £6.95 per child up to £14.95 per child, all depending the package that you prefer. Little Hoppers parties started at £7.95 per child, working upwards. However, when we took over the building that Little Hoppers was in the entire play frame was completely ripped out and replaced with a bigger, better, safer and cleaner one, which I am sure you will have noticed.
You are correct. The party package you opted for included everything, food, drinks, play time, party bags, free adult entry and so on, but did not include a birthday cake, candles or napkins. However, I am sure that you would find this standard practice with most Soft Play Centres and I am positive this was the case with Little Hoppers.
With all of our parties we do like to provide a personalised service and I am sorry you did not feel this was so in your case. I believe anger or frustration has gotten the better of you when writing this review and feel it unfair to make any further comments on the points you have made.