“Now known as "El Loro", under new ownership!”
Review of El Metate - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Metate
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Have been here couple times now, as "El Loro".. The quality of food cannot be beat here in DL, if you are looking for authentic Mexican.. We usually order the streak and shrimp fajitas, enough food for 2! Also order the shrimp nachos! Some of the wait staff seems to be new, but they are working at it, so that makes it better! They also have lunch specials!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant. The service was a big slow but it was worth it. The portions were just enough although the taco meat in the taco had an unusual flavor. That's not to say I didn't like it, just a bit different than what I'm used to. I'll definitely be back. Maybe next time for a margarita.....!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Great, large menu full of authentic mexican dishes. Ask the server what some of them are, a lot I had never heard of. The staff is usually great and they don't get too busy in the evenings. There's a large bar in the middle of the place but rarely anyone sitting at it in the week evenings. Kid friendly!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We got cold meals with quarter filled margaritas and pushed out the door when we complained. Worst place ever.

1  Thank Andrew219
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We celebrated my moms birthday here and had a blast. My dad ordered these big pots of meat and veggies and we made our own soft shelled burritos. They served chips & salsa as a complimentary appetizer while we waited. After eating they brought my mom a birthday sundae and put a sombrero on her head and the waiter played guitar and he and the waitresses sang Happy Birthday. Maybe they were singing Feliz Cumpleanos but we were laughing so hard as the guitarist didn't really know how to play he just strummed along and joked right along with us. It was the highlight of the day because they were such good sports. I would have liked to try the chimichanga but my dad had already pre ordered. The food was good and there was plenty to eat.