“Double charged”

Bj's Barbeque
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
“Double charged”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I will say the food is good but I was charged double on my debit card by mistake for my meal. I contacted Brent and even sent him a screen shot of my online bank account showing me the double charge and he never followed up with me. I then had to contact my bank and have one of the transactions reversed, doubt I will ever be back do to what I felt was dishonesty.

• Visited May 2014

Appleton, Minnesota
“Lunch”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped for lunch on Good Friday on our way through town. I think they would benefit to put a 'Seat Yourself' sign up as we weren't sure what to do when walking in. It took a long time for them to take our order and we waited maybe a little longer than normal for our food to come. Waiter was friendly. Food was great which made up for the slow service. My son had a large half rack of ribs which were fall off the bone. His friend had the Big Laker which was pulled pork on a bun and I had the two pulled pork sliders which were on a really great bun. Served with a choice of house sauce or a sweet sauce. Pork was tender and juicy. We will eat here again.

Alexandria, Minnesota
“Amazing BBQ”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Best BBQ we've had!! Highly recommended!! Brisket, chicken, ribs flavorful, tender, and done spot on-smoke ring and all! Kids loved their options and place was very hospitable and inviting!! We'll be back!

Visited January 2014
Palmetto, Florida
“Seriously the best BBQ around!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I'd all but given up on finding good brisket outside of Texas since previous attempts led me to overpriced, fatty scrap meat with bad sauce that's too sweet. Then I found BJ's. I couldn't believe I got great brisket in the lakes area of MN for a bargain price. They do it right here- you actually get big, tasty pieces of meat that aren't covered in fat like most places. I'd take my friends from Texas here any day! (as it turns out, the proprietor did a stint in a Dallas BBQ joint- so it's no wonder..)
Highly recommended!

• Visited September 2013
Fargo, North Dakota
“Excellent BBQ, poor service”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stopped here on our way through DL, this being the second stop here for our family. The food was very good both times. Everyone enjoyed their dinners, but service was lacking both times.
I'd like to believe that the service suffered because they were so busy, but only about 1/3 of their tables and bar space were occupied. It took at least 15 mins to take our order. We watched other tables get their food well before us, even though they came in after us. When our food came, we asked for other flavors of bbq sauce, which didn't come until we had only a few bites of our food left.
We plan to give them another chance and hope that service will improve.

• Visited October 2013