“Very Good”

Best Western Plus Holland House
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Detroit Lakes
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great room, good price. The Breakfast was ok. The eggs were kind of rubbery, but the ham and the rest of the breakfast was convienant, tasted good, and was well presented. Very good for what the price was.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Nice location, best "free" breakfast at any hotel we've ever stayed at. Clean rooms, nice updated décor, lobby was inviting and nice with movies to watch in your room, games, two pc stations, nice comfy lounge area with hot water and tea selection and fruit bowl and coffee. Very comfortable bed. We got a king room in the part connected to the lobby as we didn't care to stay in the pool building as we had to get up by 3:00 am

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had a nice room and did not hear all the noise out side as they was working on the road.. all was good for us, just wish we would of had time for the pool... the breakfast was very good the coffee was to die for and the bed in our room was comforty... we will be more then willing to stay again...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is our second stay at this property, and each experience has been wonderful. Pool area is clean, with a lot of seating, including a balcony level. Breakfast is delicious, with plenty of options. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here multiple nights, twice now. Both times, rooms were super clean, modern decorating --- I think it's been recently remodeled. Customer service is great, very attentive to needs. I stay here whenever I'm in DL for work.

Room Tip: I love the fact that I can back my car up to my door!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I usually stay here when I'm in Detroit Lakes. The rooms modern, well kept, and very comfortable. Overall it's pretty quite (sometimes there is a little train noise), the beds are comfortable, the internet is usually fast enough to stream videos. The staff is always friendly, and very helpful, I've always enjoyed my stay. However, sometimes in the summer, they require you to book more than one night, at inflated 'summer rates.' I understand, it's a lake town, but I'm traveling for work in the hospitality business, usually on weekends, and sometimes on holidays. Having to buy block days, at inflated rates just doesn't make sense for me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Customer service was terrible. For some odd reason they decided it was acceptable to have a kids birthday party, unsupervised my management. This resulted is screaming kids all day in and out of the pool area, running up and down the halls - Completely unprofessional. When we complained, they acted as if this wasn't the case. When we finally got into the pool (which was the main reason for staying here) it was the evening and there were more kids running and screaming, unacceptable. You need wrist bands to use the poor, nothing short of outrageous and then when you check in they don't even give them to you. Had to return and ask for them later on.

Rooms were very nice, however some smell of I don't know what. The hotel was pretty much empty when we stayed, I would hate to see this place when it's full. Overall overrated and not worth the price. The worst stay in all of the hotels on this trip and this was the most expensive.

Many of us don't want our holiday ruined by children with parents who throw them in the pool for hours with no supervision, perhaps management should realize this.

Will not return.

Room Tip: Top floor is better if you like a quiet night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends