“Wow!”
Review of 301

Reserve with OpenTable
301 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 257 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Minnesota
“Wow!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We have a movie date every Friday with two friends. 301 has been a spot for us on and off (mostly off) because we also experienced some of the difficulties Frank R cited in his review. That being said, there has been a sea-change at 301 and it is arguably the best dining experience in the Twin Ports. The restaurant has a feel of a bygone era -- linens, space between tables (so you aren't on top of others' conversations), and competent, attentive staff. Our cocktails were perfect -- just the right amount of ice on the top of my shaken Martini, and a perfect Old Fashioned. Although the wine list is small, the wines complement the entrees. I ordered the Yellow Curry Seafood Stew (as did my friend) which is one of the best dishes I have ever eaten. I actually had a dream about it, it was THAT good. My husband ordered salmon, which is the only thing he ever orders any where -- his opinion was that it was one of the top presentations he has had anywhere. Our remaining diner ordered lamb chops, which were perfectly prepared. The service was impeccable.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Snowflake1307
Jen P, Manager at 301, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you for the great positive feedback. We love to hear reviews; they are such great confidence boosters for our Restaurant Servers and Chefs. Hope to see you again next Date Night!

St Paulaul, Minnesota, USA
“Nasty food and service.”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

The worse cooked steak I ever had, terrible service and had to fight with them to fix the problem, much better restaurants downtown than this one, over priced also.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Frank R
Jen P, Manager at 301, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Frank,
I am very apologetic for the short coming of our level of service on your most recent stay with us here at the Sheraton Hotel Duluth. We here at the Hotel and Restaurant 301 do our best to remain pleasant, professional, warm and welcoming, I do feel we failed those high expectations that we strive for during your stay. I thank you for your comments and do hope you give us another try and stay with us in the future.
If you are ever in the area please do contact me, I would love to make it up to you.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Special occasion or every day”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

This is one of the "finest" restaurants north of the Twin Cities. It's super fancy but you'd be welcome to wear your jeans and t-shirt here, as well. The food is true gourmet quality fare and for a special occasion like an anniversary or birthday, it's hard to beat. It's in the Sheraton Hotel downtown.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank ScottyG777
Alta Loma, California
“Excellent food and wine although pricey.”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

There was a fireplace with a fire roaring in the dining room and lobby. My husband had steak enjoyed it too.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Judy P
Herbster, WI
“Nice & Quiet”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

For our anniversary we selected 301 in Duluth and were not dissappointed at all. Having tickets for a play, our server Melissa, paced the meal for us, allowing us time to be able to talk and have a few good laughs...mostly at my expense.
For a quality restaurant like this with such an experienced and professional chef, the price was right on target. Melissa alone made the price worthwhile. She was always attentive to our needs before we knew we had those needs.
For a special occassion in Duluth, this is one of only three places in the city that i could recommend.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Pete S

Been to 301? Share your experiences!