“Lovely resort”

Beacon Pointe Resort
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I stayed here for 5 nights and had a wonderful stay. Our room had everything we could want (microwave, plates, silverware, cups, refridgerator, sink with dish soap and washclothes, jacuzzi tub, washer/dryer, detergent, deck w/view of lake). I was suprised with the amount of amenties for the price, great value. We were even able to wash all our clothes the night before we left with the washer and dryer so when we unpacked, we could just put the clothes away. They even brought us laundry detergent in the blink of an eye. There was free underground heated parking which was great since there was some road construction going on the street out front. The smores were a nice way to meet other people at the resort and the bikes were handy for a great ride down to the rose garden. The only complaint we had was the noise from the room next door, which the hotel tried to fix by find us a different room and remiding our neighbors of the "quite hours." Would stay again for sure!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 July 2010

I would NOT stay at the Beacon Point Resort ever again!!!!!! The view is beautiful. The rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. However, you can hear every door open, close and echo. It is extremely annoying. You need to open and close two large instutional type doors to get to your room and there is no way they close quietly. The insulation between the rooms is non existant and you can hear everything in the room next to yours. The balcony next door is located so that they can look into your room!! Plus, you can hear everything they say on their balcony from your room. I would advise you to search for different lodging. The design of this property just doesn't work!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We stayed here one long weekend in June of 2010 and we stayed in a 4 bedroom pent-house suite! We had 5 balconies with our rooms and a majority of the rooms overlooked Lake Superior. What can I say besides amazing views! The only down fall is that there was not much of a selection for their breakfast. Hard boiled eggs, a couple danishes to choose from, cereal & yogurt (which was good)! The only issue we had was that when we got back one night all of the parking was taken up in the parking garage so we had to park on the street. All in all we had a great time and wish the stay would have been longer!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2010

6 of us stayed in a 2 bedroom condo this past weekend for Grandma's Marathon. We really liked it. We bought groceries and just ate all of our meals in the condo. They had a grill available for our use and we took advantage. The underground parking is nice and everything in the condo was nice too. The indoor pool and hot tub were great and we loved the whirlpool tubs after running the marathon. We would definately stay here again and would recommend it to anyone that was traveling to Duluth.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I have stayed at the Beacon Point twice and love it there.. The first time we got a street side room the second time I stayed there alone and got a lakeside room.. Talk about beautiful.. It was the nicest room I have stayed in, beautiful view and balcony.. I would recommend this resort-hotel to anyone.. My advice is to get a lakeside room for sure..It is worth a tiny bit extra!! :) I also love the fact that you can rent a bike or kayak or walk all the way to the canal if you want.. Maybe I have a Duluth high when I am there, but I also love this resort.. It was very cozy and affordable!!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Me and my husband wanted to spend a nice relaxing weekend away for my birthday. We stayed at the Beacon Pointe Resort and had booked a 1 bedroom penthouse suite. Because we live in an apartment we always try for the top floor knowing that there is a great possiblity that you will hear the people above you. Well the penthouse is not always the top floor and we found out the hard way. We had a family above us with 2 small children that woke us up at 7am on Saturday morning with them running, jumping and screaming. At 9am I had finally had enough and called the front desk. They did contact the room above us and they quited down for about 10 minutes. Needless to say we stopped by the front desk on our way out for the day to complain. I tried to speak to the manager but he was not in for the whole weekend...WHAT when you are busiest there is no manager! There were no other rooms available us to move to because they were completely booked. They had suggested that the manager could call us...I said yes! But the manager did not not call. We did not spend much time in the room because the noise above was soooo annoying. You spend a good deal of money to stay there and you can't even enjoy it! So the great views and beautiful room went unused for the weekend! So poor construction of the building leads to bad impression. However, I will complement the front desk staff they were very understanding and did everything they could to help. However, somethings are out of their control and with the lack of management help there was really nothing they could do. One other great feature to the hotel was underground parking...that was NICE. So if you don't want to hear everything that goes on in the room above you please request and upper loft room!!!! And everyone who doens't stay in the upper rooms please know that almost every step and noise you make will be heard in the room below you.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank smoopmn
Reviewed 25 April 2010

This place is amazing. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and stayed in the one bedroom penthouse suite. WOW! Every detail was perfect. Hardwood floors, leather couch, stainless steel appliances, fireplace works in bedroom or living room, and a huge jacuzzi in bedroom. Didn't utilize the free bike rental, but will next time. What a great idea! I love that we were so close to Canal Park, but still far enough away to feel a little more secluded and relaxed. I will definitely return to Beacon Pointe!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple