“I love the Olcott in Duluth, Minnesota”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duluth
Olcott House Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Duluth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My fellow long distance runners group had plans to stay @ a hotel in Canal Park for Grandma's Marathon weekend. My reservation ended up being lost and the room given to another guest. ::((
.....I always try to stay @ the Olcott Bed & Breakfast while up north so I called the Inn with the hope they might have a room.
Another marathoner was not able to make the drive to Duluth at the last minute.
David was able to accommodate me at the last minute, thank goodness, because most of the hotels etc... We're sold out!
I stayed in the cozy Haven suite (my favorite) for two nights. It was the perfect space for me; serene, quiet, and calming. A lovely room in which to prepare myself for the race ahead.
Jerry was so kind to offer a light breakfast prior to heading out for my first marathon.
I had a personal best (because it was my first) and I had a personal best stay at the Olcott.
I highly, highly recommend!
B

Room Tip: All the rooms are gorgeous!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Olcott House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have stayed at Olcott numerous times, and this grand and noble house always enchants me. David and Jerry are so knowledgeable about the area and make great suggestions for places to visit. Their hospitality makes the stay special each time I am there. The beds are so comfortable and the décor so charming. The breakfasts are always delicious and varied. It is truly memorable to stay here and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I have stayed in most of the suites there over numerous visits, and all have their own charm.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank luvtogofar
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We've stayed at the Olcott House for 3 out of 5 years when running Grandma's Marathon. We've stayed in the Superior sweet the past two visits, but chose the Carriage house this time. I am a tough person to please, as my expectations are HIGH. The Carriage house has a large sitting area, spacious bedroom, kitchen which includes coffee maker, fridge, microwave, small table and sink. The bathroom as a small whirlpool tub which is great for soaking after a long run. Dave and Jerry are fantastic hosts. They keep the grounds very clean. Breakfast is always a delicious with great company. We've stayed at the AG Thompson House and the Cotton Mansion in the past. I would rate the Olcott House as the best bed and breakfast, hands down, in all of Duluth.

Room Tip: Carriage House is fantastic for couples. Very spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joy S
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We recently enjoyed our third stay at the Olcott House and are planning our next visit. The historic mansion is spacious and inviting, the suites are beautiful and very comfortable, and David is an exemplary host. We love to explore the Duluth area from the home base of the Olcott. Such luxury and comfort! It is a delight to spend time at the Olcott House.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We weren't sure if the magic from the first visit was real or just a fabulous memory -- but now we know it's the real thing! We couldn't wait to return and were thrilled to see the Olcott House in all her glory. It truly is a magnificent place. David is charming and we love his breakfasts! This time we asked for more information about the area and he seemed to know everything. We had some great adventures and wonderful meals. Still, I think my favorite part was sitting in the library at night with a fire and an adult beverage savoring the day. More memories were made -- thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is our return stay at the Olcott House and will stay again on future trips. David is a wonderful and gracious host. We stayed in the Lake Superior Suite - it has a three - season porch and an outdoor deck. Amazing! The house is gorgeous and the sitting rooms are so inviting, it's hard to leave the house. It was a luxurious stay at an affordable price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We just love to stop at the Olcott House! From our arrival in the late afternoon with the wine and cheese buffet, to the room, to the space for relaxation in the sitting rooms, to the breakfast in the morning we get to have the luxury that isn't available in most places. David is a terrific host and is always helpful to help you select a place for dinner and makes sure that everything is to your liking. The rooms are quiet and elegant with a great bed. The breakfast is out of this world with handcrafted food that is beautifully served. The place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple