“No wonder why it was SO cheap.”
Review of Allyndale Motel

Allyndale Motel
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Okay not really cheap, but this was the only "hotel" that was available for us this weekend due to the Grandma's Marathon. 1st. our pressure for our shower was low, so low that the water just tinkled out on you, 2nd- our friend's ( who slept in the next room ) their pressure was so high in the shower, that their skin practically came off. 3rd- our freezer did not keep cool, and 4th- the one thing I will never forget- the breakfast bread had MOLD on it and I even consumed some! The whole loaf, and no one came to check on it/ or change it until I called the lady at the front desk. It was disgusting. Oh yeah, and the beds were very uncomfortable. I normally never take the time to write a review on anything- since I don't have time, but I decided to write one on this motel because of the horrible experience we had. I will NEVER come here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tina V
There are newer reviews for Allyndale Motel

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at the motel on Easter weekend while visiting our daughter. We usually stay in Canal park but it's so expensive and for a short visit we didn't want to spend that much money. I found the Allyndale Motel online and we decided to try it for the one night in Duluth. It was one of the cleanest rooms we've ever stayed in, comfortable bed, had everything we needed and the price was right. We'll stay there again and hopefully the snow will be gone so we can do some walking!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Connie T
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My mom and I have stayed at the Allyndale motel a few times, and we always enjoy going back! The woman who runs it is so friendly (and we both share a love of dachshunds!) And she always makes you feel welcome. I have to say that if you are used to pristine brand new hotels, this isn't for you. The rooms are dated, but exceptionally clean. The motel itself is a bit difficult to find at first, but we just called the owner and she gave us step by step directions to get there. The Allyndale offers great rooms at great prices, I highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie H
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I like that it is not to far from places I like to go.
A beautiful nature setting for with challenging hiking trails for you pets.
The barbecue grills are a nice anmity for those who find the duluth restaurant
scene tired and redundant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 88snowbird
Reviewed 2 October 2013

You will never regret staying here. The owners are genuine, friendly and hoestly care about you enjoying your stay. They have suites, rooms, grills available and 3 of the cutest little long haired dachshunds to meet as well. Quick to interstate and downtown. Won't find a better value or place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank l0renbear
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This isn't a chain and that is the best part about the Allyndale. The rooms are a little dated, but it lends itself to the "cabin-type" feel of the place. Kind of like being in a cabin but not having to go that rustic. The rooms are comfortable and CLEAN. The people are nice and prices good. We travel with our dogs and they have a great hill to exercise the dogs on. The deer come down there and sleep at night, so the wildlife is very close. You just feel rested after staying here. We've stayed here several times and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: We like the rooms that are separate from the main building the best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mommasavannah
Reviewed 25 May 2013

My name is Don and I work in Duluth quite frequently and whenever Im there I stay at the Allyndale Motel, Personally I wouldnt stay anywhere else, The Location is great, easy access to the freeway and shopping and to the Duluths sights, The rooms are cozy and clean, theres room to walk outside and do activities like grilling on the property, walk your dog, look at wildlife that come through the area like deer, Some coworkers and I even had a fishfry while we were there! The owners Chuck and Suzanne have 3 dachshunds that are just adorable, I have a dachsund I have to leave at home when I travel, very friendly accomodating people run this Motel, Bottomline, Just a Down to Earth, Cozy, Relaxing place to stay, Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have kitchenettes in them with a table and chairs and actually a small kitchen, s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Don L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duluth
Days Inn Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall
Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk
Super 8 Duluth
Super 8 Duluth
#20 of 31 in Duluth

Been to Allyndale Motel? Share your experiences!