“Crazy good food, pretty much no seating”

Northern Waters Smokehaus
Ranked #1 of 257 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Mankato, Minnesota
“Crazy good food, pretty much no seating”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I've been aching to try this place since I saw it on "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" and I wasn't disappointed. The food is incredible! I believe we had the fish basket and some basket with salami, cheese, and olives in it. Again, gloriously scrumptious food!
The place seemed to be about the size of a public restroom though, and there was almost nowhere to sit down and eat. My husband and I each had one of our kids on our lap at a bistro table in the hall. My husband's chair was mostly in the doorway to the place and my chair was hanging out into a connecting hallway. It was uncomfortable and we felt like we were in the way.
Food tastes even better when people aren't stressed out to eat it - get a better location and you will get a perfect rating from me.

Visited March 2014

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“The smoked salmon is AMAZING”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The Cajun Finn sandwich is easily one of the best sandwiches I've ever had, and it even led my fiance and I to come back later that even to purchase some of their smoked salmon and cheese for a late night snack. It's just a little corner restaurant doing big things for food.

Visited March 2014
Minnesota
“Love this place”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Anytime I'm in the area I always make a stop here. Love their sandwiches and smoked salmon. If you liked smoked meats I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Everything They Say it is!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Went here because it was featured on Diner, DriveIns & Dives and we were NOT disappointed! The sandwiches are out of this world and the home cured meats are worth bringing a stick home. Be sure to ask for samples of their smoked fish selections. The Maple cured ones are great!

Visited September 2013
Superior, Wisconsin
“Catering”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

At my Christmas Party, we were catered by the Smokehaus. It was my first experience and I was very pleased. Being allergic to fish, I couldn't try the smoked fish, but I tried the pulled bison sandwiches and the pulled pork tacos. Yum! I am more excited about going there now that I tried their food. :-)

Been to Northern Waters Smokehaus? Share your experiences!