“Exactly what you would expect”

Osaka Sushi & Hibachi
Ranked #58 of 267 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The Osaka Sushi and Hibachi restaurant offers nothing new in the arena of hibachi restaurants...and that's a good thing. This is the only Hibachi restaurant in Duluth and during my several visits the food has NEVER been bad. The sushi is prepared carefully and always tastes very fresh. The Hibachi chefs are very skilled and entertaining and the food they prepare is absolutely delicious. Try the lunch menu as it is far cheaper than dinner and nearly the same amount of food.

1  Thank deepbluetraveler

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We love this place normally. This is our third time to three weeks. We went last night with my three daughters for my 10 year old daughters birthday. The cook this time was the worst.. Told them it was my daughters birthday and nothing was done.. She was CRUSHED and cried on the way home... The cook also threw a hot onion of the grill with at my daughter and it burned her skin.. She took it but again was crushed. Ruined her birthday. Food was not as good this time. The cook we had two times in a row before was perfect. I don't know if we will be back... My daughter had seen other peoples birthdays celebrated by the staff in previous visits and can't believe you all did nothing..
VERY DISSAPOINTED.... And a 10 year old birthday was ruined..

- I have spent over $350 in your restaurant in three visits..

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We recently enjoyed dinner on the Hibachi side of the restaurant. Hostess was extremely friendly and courteous; seating was quick. Wait staff was attentive and good at refilling drinks. Soup was okay, but didn't care for their ginger dressing on the salad--but that may just be my taste. The lettuce was crisp and fresh. Loved the rice and liked that they chef also cooked noodles for everyone. We had the chicken, shrimp, and salmon--all very good. Really enjoyed the fresh veggies. Their yummy sauce is a little thin, but had good flavor. One problem with the sauces is that they are in attached bowls--if you want to poor one out, you get both. Therefore, you can only dip your food in the sauce. Not to fear though--the chef came to my aid and squirted yummy sauce on my rice for me. He was very entertaining and friendly. Did most of the "normal" tricks with a few others thrown in. Most worked--some he still needs to practice--but the evening was enjoyable. Would go again.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

It may have been the flames or the saki, but we had a great date night. Yummy food and a show. Great staff attention to my shellfish allergy. I had the beef and chicken. He had the scallops and they cooked my food first. We have also had the sushi there and enjoyed that too.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

The customer service was awesome. The staff tended to customers in a timely and friendly manner. Food was spectacular.