“Great location, tiny rooms”
Review of Hampton Inn Duluth

Hampton Inn Duluth
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Good thing you don't want to stay in your room much when you are on the North Shore. The location on Canal Park is great, and the hotel clean and updated, but we felt like we were staying in a closet. The room was noisy, too but because of the location on first floor next to everything. The free breakfast was very nice. I would return, but I would make sure weather would allow us to be out as much ad possible.

• Stayed: May 2014
Janet S, Manager at Hampton Inn Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed visiting Duluth. I apologize you felt our rooms were smaller than expected. At the time we were built we did follow Hampton standards for room size. I agree with you that Duluth is not a place you want to be sitting around in doors. There is just to much to see and do even on a rainy day. Thank you for your review!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Duluth

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for business trip. Very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel is located right on lake with excellent views. Many local restaurants nearby. Would stay here again. That's it - i have no other comments but trying to get to 200 characters so i can submit this!! HOpe this does it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

You did it! Your review made it! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Duluth. Now come back and see us again!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here because our daughter graduated from the University of MN - Duluth. The breakfast area overlooks Lake Superior and you can walk out from the breakfast area, to the pathway along the lake, Duluth Lakewalk. The breakfast was better than most, with both hot and cold items. Across from the parking lot is a Caribou coffee (which I need each morning). This is a perfect location in Canal Park, where you can walk to restaurants, shops, the Lake Superior Maritime Museum, Bayfront Festival Park, and the Great Lake Aquarium. The room was nice and I liked the fact our windows opened for fresh air. I'd recommend this hotel because of its great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The staff at this hotel does an outstanding job making your visit enjoyable! From the time we walked in until we departed this team's efforts made our stay a positive experience! Excellent location of this hotel- walk out and enjoy Lake Superior and Canal Park! You are walking distance to a variety of shops and eating places (including the nearby Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory store).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Outstanding. You get much more than you pay for.

This is the nicest Hampton Inn I've ever stayed in. Hampton Inn is already a cut above most motels. I understood from talking to a front desk clerk that the owners built this motel from the ground up. It was original enough that I thought it had been refurbished from an already existing hotel; apparently, I was mistaken.

Staff was exceptionally friendly and responsive. The room had high ceilings and was as clean as more expensive hotels.

Based on my experience, you wouldn't go wrong choosing this as your place in Duluth.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you! That was a wonderful review. One of the reasons I enjoy working for Hampton so much is their high standards for cleaning and staff interaction with guests. It is our guests that make our jobs so easy and fun. We love when we have time to chat and get to know them.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hampton inn in canal park. Wonderful location, clean rooms and great service I will be staying again when I go to Duluth. Free breakfast is an added bonus. The brewery next to the hotel has great apps.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This Hampton Inn only had a 2 1/2 star review, so I was very pleasantly surprised by the condition of the hotel and room. Staff were helpful and friendly and my room was excellent. The location in Canal Park is the main reason I stayed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It is our promise to our guests that you will have a clean and comfortable room and friendly authentic staff to help you enjoy your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon. Thank you for the wonderful review!