“Fast check in”

Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
kenora ont. ca--lake of ozarks
“Fast check in”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First time to stay here. Good prices ,room was clean. Great fast check in. It was late and we were tired. Will stay here again.
Not much more to say. We didn,t use the pool.
Yes we will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BWPLUSDuluth, General Manager at Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Mojim,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth. In addition to our fast check in we offer and express check out. Our express check out includes your receipt delivered to you room for your convenience.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Deanna Gregorich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Blue Island, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The people and the place was great. We had no problems getting into the building and there was a cart available for our luggage. I booked two rooms as there were 5 of us, but we could very easily/comfortably stayed in one room. It was VERY quiet and the breakfast unexpectedly good!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Susan,

Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your loyalty and enthusiasm for our hotel.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Had a room with a view! Room was large & clean. Staff very nice. Great location. About 7 miles from town but up on a mountain! Breakfast seemed a little crazy..crowded with people, tables every which way, seemed a little cramped on the counters. Not hotel's fault but there seemed to be a large family gathering that took up alot of space. I guess it was nice that they had a family reunion there. Coffee did seem weak in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth. We have made changes to our coffee selection and have had positive feedback. I hope you visit us again soon. I would love to hear what you think of the new choices.

Sincerly,
Deanna Greogich
Ocala, Florida, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Another end of a long day, we pulled into the hotel and checked in. The front desk clerk seemed friendly enough and we went to our room. The room had a damp odor to it and we immediately noticed that one bed sat lower to the floor than the other by about 4-5 inches. After testing the beds we found that the higher one was very comfortable and appeared to be new while the othe one felt like it was 20 years old! I went to the front desk to get some coffee and found that it was so weak , I thought it was tea. The clerk came over and I said something to him regarding the coffee and the bed and he promptly said there is nothing wrong with the coffee and all new beds were installed last September during a re-fit. I explained but he would hear none of it or offer to switch rooms. He said he would leave a note for the manager . I was up early the next morning to get some more watered down coffee in the breakfast room and my shoes stuck to the floor! Apparently someone had spilled syrup on the floor the day previous ,wiped up the spill and did not mop the floor. I don,t feel that this hotel lives up to the standards required to be rated as a Best Western PLUS! I would not stay there again if I had a choice.

Room Tip: Don;t stay in room 102!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Larry,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and I am addressing each one of your concerns. The Front Desk Representative did bring your comments to my attention and we already have new coffee choices available. I have also alerted our maintenance department to the experience you had with the bed in your room.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was just OK. It was clean but our room was quite small - the bathroom was tiny. We heard every little foot step the people above us made - the bed even shook a bit when the people were walking above us! The breakfast was good, the A/C was really good, and the staff were friendly.
Although this hotel was almost right on the scenic biway (which was beautiful) - it was quite a distance from downtown.
This hotel was about right for the price ........

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room on the top floor so that you will have nobody above you!

Montreal
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Outside of the town, not very easy to find, even with the help of GPS, but very pleasant place to stay. Friendly hostess, spacious room, comfortable bed and pillows. everything a traveller needs in the bathroom.

We were not very lucky with Wi-Fi - it worked only in the lobby. The staff promissed that it would be fixed in 24 hours. Too late for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
WINNIPEG
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good Location and easy access to everything we wanted to see while in Duluth. Very Nice Hotel with friendly accommodating staff. Would book this hotel again. Only disappointment was the type & quality of pillows supplied? Now I understand why everyone travels with their own pillows, Something we've never done while travelling but, I think will be on our "to bring" list next time we travel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western