“Quite unexpected”

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Elwood, Nebraska
“Quite unexpected”
Reviewed 12 July 2010

If you can get past the quirky country styling (somehow I think some can't) this was a nice place. Fairly comfortable room, quiet, and though it didn't matter, it was nice it was away from Duluth.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Hotel was nice and clean. Breakfasts in this chain I don't like but nothing against this property in particular.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
International Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 December 2009

We stayed two nights at this hotel for a meeting but i brought my children along as well. On our second day of stay we requested maid service and all they did was pull up the beds and give clean towels, no vacuum or sheets or garbages. After our stay was over i gathered my stuff and checked out, i will admit the garbages were full as they didnt empty them the day before and the floor was messy along with a few crushed up crackers from my one year old.... I did not clean the room before i checked out but it was NOT trashed ... A couple days later I noticed a fifty dollar charge on my card and i called the hotel...It took them 1 1/2 weeks to return my numerous calls and when they did she was rude and said it was a deep cleaning charge.... and their is nothing they could do about it. I just thought it was ridiculous that they chose not to clean when they were suppose to but did charge extra after the fact. I would not reccomend this hotel as the customer service was not very good...Also did i mention I paid 150.00 per night

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
rochester, mn
Reviewed 12 October 2009

This is our preferred Duluth hotel for many of the reasons listed in other reviews: great price, big rooms, free breakfast, friendly staff, great location. We return once or twice a year and have been pleased at on-going up-grades. At the beginning of the summer the carpet was replaced, now this visit there were brand-new, flat-screen televisions in every room. It's nice to see a hotel keeping things nice. We'll keep coming back!

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Twin Cities, MN
Reviewed 9 October 2009

This is the second time we've stayed at this particular Country Inn. It's nice and close to downtown Duluth, but still far enough away that it's quieter. Rooms are spacious and very clean - we received a free upgrade to a suite, which was ideal with young kids.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Houston, MN
Reviewed 28 October 2007

My husband and I were in Duluth for a conference and needed a place to stay overnight. The hotel staff is very friendly and the room was very comfortable and clean. We were just here overnight, but would recommend the hotel to others, and would likely choose to stay again. The hotel is easy to get to (just off interstate 35) and a short drive to downtown Duluth.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank mnfarmgirl
Plymouth, MN
Reviewed 5 October 2007

I knew I might end up staying a night in Duluth, so I'd done quick internet research on the Duluth South Country Inn price, just in case. Once I was there, I saw another Country Inn closer to my location on Miller Hill, so I went in to find out if they had a room available. I was very surprised to hear them quote a price close to double that of the Proctor/Duluth Country Inn. The guy at the desk said it was because his was a newer property. Not so new that I decided it was worth twice as much. The original Duluth Country Inn is a lovely, well-maintained, quiet property. Unless you have a reason to be in the thick of the busy shopping area, and you don't mind paying an inflated price to be there, I'd recommend going to this Country Inn instead.

• Stayed September 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank mcsue2