“pleasantly surprised!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014

we tend to dine at the same restaurants when visiting duluth~this time we were forced to make a different choice...lucky for us! although it was restaurant week we chose to order off the main menu! jumbo buffalo wings for starters are a meal in themselves! huge & coated in a fantastic sauce! also ordered were the pork tenderloin (apple sauce is to die for) & the meatloaf! I would never think to order meatloaf but glad I did! super moist & flavourful ! service was great as well! no complaints & we will definitely return!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The atmosphere may be for some with the close, tight seating, but I like to sit only with who I'm eating with. That's not the reason for the low rating. My fish was way overcooked, the steak fries were freezer burnt and the coleslaw was dry. I won't go there again. The prices theycharge would suggest better food. Not so.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is a hidden gem. The food is great and is a real bargain. The lunch menu has a great variety of choices. The smoked fish salad is wonderful the Dinner menu has a variety of appetizers that you can make a meal of and a good selection of Entrees There is also a wide selection of beer and other speciality drinks. On many evenings there is live entertainment both local and nationally known entertainment.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I went here with my husband and two friends for dinner. There was a little bit of a wait so we went downstairs to the bar area. This bar feels like a cave and has an awesome historic appeal. For dinner my husband and I had a dinner to share that was very tasty. The server was great and overall we had a good time. We definitely recommend to anyone and this was my third time eating here.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was expecting a much better meal than the one I had at Tycoons. My companion and I ordered a spinach dip appetizer which was served with vegetables as well as pita bread. It appeared very nice but the dip lacked seasoning. It, like all of the condiments tasted like it came out of a big jar. As an entree, we shared a Fish and Chips for two. The breading was very doughy and thick and sort of gummed up with the fish. The tarter sauce was almost without pickles and again, quite bland.

I have eaten at other establishments owned by this corporation and always enjoyed the food and so, this was disappointing. It is a lovely space with a nice stage area for performers (although the background is glass so, I don't know how well the acoustics work.) They have special times for jazz performances but, if I go I would be sure to eat before I get there.

The server was great but I would recommend that the chef taste before serving.

1  Thank Linda E