The Inn on Lake Superior
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Canal Park Lodge(Duluth)
1,434 results
All reviewsrooftop poollake superiorfamily suitemake your ownbridge viewwafflesevery eveningwithin walking distancefirst floorother hotelsgreat place to staylocation is greatcanal park areawonderful hotelcomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areafire pit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I cannot say enough about how much we loved it here. We had stayed here years ago and remember it fondly and were super excited to come back – and we were right to be. Awesome location – walking distance to everything in Canal Park or on the front side along with the boardwalk. You can watch ships coming and going right out your window (we had a Lakeside room with a balcony).

Check-in was super efficient and the clerk was very friendly and offered a thorough description of the property and answered any questions quickly. Very knowledgeable.

Lobby is beautiful. Room was amazing. Very nice beds and bedding, tv, nice “wetbar” area, nice shower in the bathroom (no tub), and a great view of the lake. They even provide complimentary pop and water in the fridge and also a pair of binoculars to use in your room. I could not have been happier with the room.

Swimming pool on roof is so neat and they provide big towels. It was very warm, more like a hot tub. Also the swimming pool inside and hot tub were appropriately heated as well. The towels at the indoor pool are super small.

They think of everything. For Smores by the lake they have a basket full of little smores kits ready to go with 2 graham cracker halves, half a Hersheys, and two marshmallows. You could grab as many as you wanted. They also provide the roasting sticks and of course the fire.

Breakfast was also really nice - lots of hot items and the best make your own Belgian waffle stations. It was like being at a real restaurant buffet. The breakfast room has really nice sitting areas and great views of the lake.

I could go on and on – moral is that we loved it and will definitely be back. Ooh, one last thing – I called in several times prior to arrival and also used the online chat feature through their website and Tanya was always very helpful – I hope she can receive acknowledgement for that. Although all ladies at the front desk were amazing too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank trs333
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn on Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear trs333,

Mega thanks for writing and posting your wonderfully descriptive and detailed review about your experience here. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate your compliments. Tonya is amazing and I'll be sure she is properly recognized for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We've been staying at The Inn for over 5 years and it is one of our favorite annual trips. When I asked the family if they wanted to try another location over our March 2014 stay they were appalled I'd suggest staying anywhere else.
As a family of five the two bedroom lakeside suite is our favorite room type as it allows for views of the lake and privacy for mom/dad. All rooms are spacious, clean and service is fantastic. Highly suggest spending the extra money for a lakeside room to watch the ships and the sunrise over the lake. After all isn't that why you are there?
Typically we go to Duluth in the Summer months and this was our first experience being on Lake Superior when it is was still frozen over. We enjoyed the roof top pool and evening s'mores while being surrounded by snow.
The boardwalk and lake are just a few steps from the hotel and it is within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants in Canal Park.
Rooms are spacious, clean and service is fantastic.

Go up the hill to Superior Street to Pizza Luce for great pizza (you can watch them make it) and food in general. We stay away from the Grandma owned restaurants as they were expensive for the quality. There is a Caribou Coffee across the street but hotel has complimentary tea, coffee and coco during the day too.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms 1st floor to be able to walk right out to the boardwalk/lake.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn on Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear FritzyMom,

Thanks so much for your many years of loyalty and visits, and for taking the time to write and post your great review. It is guests like you who make our jobs of providing the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. I'm glad you know you rely on us for a great time with your family in Duluth. We look forward to serving you again on your future visits.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We just got back from a three day stay at your hotel and can't wait to get back. We stayed at the Inn because we'd been there before and been very satisfied. The conference rate was the deal breaker. We got a jacuzzi in our room(with safety handles)which made this blue haired old lady very happy. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The coffee was excellent. The weather was nasty but the rooftop pool made up for it. Originally we were booked for two nights but decided to extend our stay and were able to get the conference rate for the additional night. We can hardly wait for an excuse to come back. Thanks for another enjoyable experience

Room Tip: I was having trouble with my online reservation, I just called the hotel ( it was 3am) and the desk clerk took care of my problem. The room I got was better than the original, for the same price. I would suggest that you make your reservation early because the rooms fill up.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn on Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Frammaolson,

Thanks for coming back to stay with us again, and for taking the time to write and post your wonderful review. I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy your time with us. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations (and "secret" roof top pool!) at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a room by the pool which was noisy at night if you wanted to retire early. Also our sink backed up one morning which made it harder for 4 people to get ready for the day. We did receive a rate adjustment for that night.It is nice and clean with a great view of the lake. Canal Park is a neat place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mike W,

Thanks for sharing comments about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry for the problems you had with your sink and apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced. I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with the resolution we offered when you brought this to our attention. I hope you we can regain your confidence in us the next time you are here.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had the greatest experience at the Inn on Lake Suoerior for my daughters wedding.
First the event planner did an awesome job from early in the morning until the end of the night.
Service staff was awesome and friendly. They took care of all the clean up after the event, put leftover cake and gifts somewhere safe till morning.
The rooms were very nice, view was great. many of our party enjoyed the heated pool on the roof and the free continental breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy J
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn on Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Sandy J,

Congratulations and thank you very much for choosing to have your daughter's wedding at our hotel. It was wonderful to be a part of this celebration of love and I'm glad you we exceeded your expectations with the service we provided. I hope you will come back and be able to relax and enjoy yourself here on a future visit.